info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info please

just came home from the hospital 2 nights ago from a 4 day course of solumedrul/methyl prednisone for a flare up and my whole body is hurting now sort of a swollen achy neck and jaw line especially my leg and thigh muscles when i stand.

they gave me two days of lyrica at the end in addition to some ambien at night to sleep and morphine and i think my body is going through withdrawal symptoms since the steroids are leaving my system along with the lyrica and other stuff because i have not been able to fill the prescription yet to continue the lyrica....

im hoping just the lyrica helps with the muscle pain in my legs. any success stories with lyrica for muscle pain. rrms since 2005

The docs are always ready with the prescription pads.
    Why not get tested for vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium ? I'll bet at least one of those is low or deficient . And they are easy to correct . And cheaper than drugs. Good luck

Comment

Jerry gave you some great advice. I would take that one step further and see if the doctor will not run a complete test for vitamins and minerals.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

ill ask! thanks!

Comment

Grace4et: You are for sure going through withdrawal from the IVSM. I have the same reaction with my legs and swollen jawline. It will just take a couple of days to weeks for that to clear up. I think the Lyrica will help the pain for you. Maybe someone can go get it for you?

I agree that the Vit D, Magnesium, B 12 are all good too and may replace the Lyrica, but until you can get an appointment, see if you can get someone to pick up your prescription.

Best of luck and I hope you feel better!
          Lisa
          Moderation Team
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Thanks alot!

Comment

I have tried the Neurontin and the Lyrica.
              I a sure they work, but they made me really sleepy and I gained weight while I was on the drugs.
              I stopped and just take Tylenol for the pain instead.
              I take about 250 mg during the day as needed, then take another 250 mg at bedtime.

Comment

Working...
              X