Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't feel bottom of feet when going bare foot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't feel bottom of feet when going bare foot ?

I've noticed that the bottom of my feet are numb when I walk without shoes on. This is new for me. I've had numbness in my toes and and the side of one foot for years. I don't have the problem when wearing shoes or slippers on my feet.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. It's a very strange feeling and obviously hard to try and walk, so I'm never without something on my feet. Sure isn't going to be fun in warm weather. I never wear my shoes in the house when it's warm. That will certainly change.

Also makes it difficult to stand in the shower, so I'm taking more bath's. I do have a safty bar in the shower which is very helpful.

Hoping it will go away and not be a new symptom that decides to hang around.

Thanks for any input anyone might have.

Lynn
    Lynn, Proud Gold Star Mom of
    Cpl Christopher W. Belchik
    KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

lynnkay4, don't know if my foot/feet sx is what you are experiencing, but for about a year I felt like I was walking on basketballs. Don't ask me why basketballs seemed to fit a description of my sx's so well, but in my head it felt like walking on basketballs.

I also have numb toes; can't walk in dark places like movie theaters or in a dark room with lights out at home.

I hope your foot problem resolves very soon and you are back on your feet in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnkay4 View Post
      I've noticed that the bottom of my feet are numb when I walk without shoes on. This is new for me. I've had numbness in my toes and and the side of one foot for years. I don't have the problem when wearing shoes or slippers on my feet.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. It's a very strange feeling and obviously hard to try and walk, so I'm never without something on my feet. Sure isn't going to be fun in warm weather. I never wear my shoes in the house when it's warm. That will certainly change.

Also makes it difficult to stand in the shower, so I'm taking more bath's. I do have a safty bar in the shower which is very helpful.

Hoping it will go away and not be a new symptom that decides to hang around.

Thanks for any input anyone might have.

Lynn
      Are your feet numb when you are just sitting around barefoot or only when you put pressure on the feet? Are they numb when you are lying in the bed?

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Hello, Lynn,
        I have exactly the same problem! As you know, it makes showers interesting to say the least, not to mention walking on wet linoleum.
        My feet aren't completely numb, until I put weight on the them.
        There must be plastic shoes for showering somewhere.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses.

22 cyclist, for the most part it's when I stand and walk. Don't notice it so much when laying down and I'm not sure about sitting around with bare feet as I haven't done it for awhile, so I will check and see.

I just know when I have slippers or any kind of shoe on I feel the bottom of my feet when I walk. I sometimes feel like I have socks on my feet when I don't also, but that's a different symptoms.

MSW 1963 I haven't had the feeling of basketballs, but I have experienced the feelings of lumps or something hard in the bottom of my feet, but I'm not having that now.

I see my neuro in April so I will definately bring this new symptom up. Just wondered if others with ms have had this symptom.

Thank you all for your information.

hugs and blessings to you all.
          Lynn
          KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

Comment

Can't feel bottom of feet

Hi LynnKay44!
            I have also experienced the numbness on the bottom of my feet but usually when I am lying down of my feet are reclining, my dr had called it nueropthy, I do have type 2 diabeties he can't tell me if it's from that ot it's an MS symptom. I'm glad to know someone else has experience this as well. Hang in there! I know it's tough!
            Maggienor

Comment

Maggienor thanks for your post. I believe this is just like neuropathy that a diabetic would experience. So in your case it would be difficult to understand which disease is causing it.

I hope your getting some help for this problem if there is any.

I don't do well with medications , so that has been a big issue with me and having ms. So many drugs that others use for neuro pain etc are drugs I've tried and get sick from them.

Thank you for your input it's very helpful.

hugs and blessings.
              Lynn
              KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

Comment

Working...
              X