tightness in leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tightness in leg

Right now I have tightness in my right leg. Has anyone experienced this issue?

I've had it in my left hand, arm and part of my side for several months. Always painful, sometimes not so bad, sometimes pretty bad.

Comment

I had tightness in my leg last week also. It hurts! Being mostly in bed and not walking, I think my tightness is due to lack of use of the muscles. I'm losing muscle mass.

I started massaging my leg even though it hurt and I pressed hard to rub the muscles. It was very painful but by the next day my leg was feeling better. Getting circulation activated in my leg seemed to help.

Try it out, it just might help. Keep in touch!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Does it feel like you strained a muscle?

Comment

Yes Clay, you hit the nail on the head!

Comment

this helps greatly for stiffness. Ask your physiatrist

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_65v4u063iw_e

It's nothing short of amazing.

Comment

Looks great BigA. I'm mostly restricted to my bed. I give myself a treat a few times a day by getting into my WC. I have good use of my arms but my lower body is very limited.

I'm trying to find some kind of exercise to strengthen my lower legs so I don't lose whatever muscle is left.

I suppose that once I get to see an OT, she or he may find a solution for me.

Comment

Rt. leg spasticity

I thought that I was just having cramps but it was still here after rest. Have had it for about two months now. "Slow RN" here. I decided it might me spasticity so I looked it up. Of course it fit the definition.

I have pain across the right pelvis and down to knee, skips the knee and then down through the calf. For me stretching exercises in AM seem to work best. Walking helps but have to keep it to a minimum. I seem fine when I go to bed at night but wake up feeling like my pelvis and leg are all one bone and I can't use it.

The above helps and laying my thigh, pelvis or calf (which ever one is worse) on a heating pad in the afternoon gets me though the day. This is a new symptom for me and I guess that is why as an RN I missed it.

Hope this helps.
                Dave, Tampa FL
                "Journeyman"

Comment

Working...
                X