question about weird sensation down spine/neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about weird sensation down spine/neck

I have read that some people get an electrical feeling when they turn their neck (or something like this). I had never felt this until possibly today. Still not sure exactly what it was. Here is how I can best describe it. You know when you get an IV and at first it feels sort of burning or really cold going in? This is the feeling that went down my spine area and right arm. Can't really say it was painful but really uncomfortable and odd. This was a new one for me. Does my description ring any bells?

Yep, sounds familiar.

I also get the feeling like I touched an electric fence (I did that once when I was little). For me it is positional, such as when I drop my head forward I get it from shoulder blades down on my back.

Comment

Yes, I know what you're describing. I have pain in my spine and I get pain in my arm just like you're saying. I'm not yet dx but I think it's common with ms. You're not alone.
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I have experienced those electrical-shock like feelings before. Each time I bent my head down I would feel it travel all the way down to my feet. It's called L'Hermitte's sign. Mine lasted almost 2 months and it didn't cause pain so much...just annoyance as it was disturbing.

Here is a brief description - http://www.msfocus.org/article-detai...?articleID=331

Is this what you are feeling?
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X