No announcement yet.

Is there a progression timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longer I've been around, the more I'm convinced that there is no "set pattern" for MS patients. I don't believe in a timeline of any kind. You aren't disabled until you are disabled. You don't progress, until you do progress.

And the time it takes to acquire the "progressive" or "disabled" label can be days, weeks, months, years, or decades...everybody's different. Add in the fact, as some have mentioned that onset and diagnosis can be years apart, how do you even make a timeline when that enters into the picture.

Plus what one person consider's disabled another may not...docs use the EDSS scale to measure disability, but that mostly deals with mobility. What if your cognition deficits from MS force you to quit working, but you can still walk fine. Are you disabled?

I've had so many twists and turns in my MS journey that I don't think I could figure out my own timeline

Just hang in there and do the best you can!

Comment

Have to go with that, rdmc. It ain't over 'til it's over. You get used to everything in the end, and what you thought would be intolerable before it happened, becomes tolerable when it's real, not imagined.

Comment

Working...
      X