Not right in the head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not right in the head

Just for a few seconds at a time I've been getting a dizzy, I'm gonna pass out feeling.....is this from MS or something else? It's only been happening for the last few days. I started Avonex 3 weeks ago.

I think I know what you mean - I get this weird rolling kind of sensation - sort of a combination of the feeling you get in an earthquake (the world is moving) and that feeling just before passing out. It lasts maybe 30 seconds and then it's gone and I'm fine. It may happen four or five times in a day and then not happen again for weeks.

I've been on copaxone for almost a year - and forget to take it half the time.

If it bothers you, though - might be worth a call to your doc

Comment

I get these spacey seconds...then it's gone. Been happening for the past 2 weeks...occurring more now. I also get a paralyzed feeling on my right side and I can't talk. It only last a few seconds, but I just feel blah...

The Neuro said I was having an attack when I went for followup last week...it was affecting my right eye, so I'm thinking this is related to that. Don't want to bother him every time I feel yucky. Haven't started meds yet, hopefully going to take Gilenya starting next week.

Comment

Sorry you are going through this. But not everything is MS. So I would suggest you get this checked out. At least by your primary. It may be a reaction to a med, or something else.

Let us know how you are doing and what is going on, ok?

Hang in there~hope this passes

Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

not right in the head

hi kryptonite...........i havent posted on this site in years but your comment/question prompted me. it is your m.s ..........i say this because i do not take meds and i have had these feelings...........my husband and i call them zingers. horrible but brief .......have even happened while driving and i grip the wheel cos by the time i would pull over they r gone. very scary . they go away for months and theen zing again....feels like something really bad is about to happen in my head but never does........neuro says he hears tell of this but cant explain it............im still here so it doesnt kill u..........

Comment

Yes but did your neuro run ANY tests? Labs? EEGS?

It could be something treatable..

Just sayin..

Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Mine will come and go. It will disappear for a long time the come back. My neuro did a test in her office and said it was BPPV or something close to that. Benign Proxyminal Positional Vertigo- I think.

The test was called the Dix-Hallpike test. And involved moving my head and going from sitting to lying or the other way.

It has to do with your vestibular system.

I have lots of trouble with input causing me to feel dizzy.

She rxd pt and that helped.

Don't know if this is exactly what you are describing, but it could be one thing to consider.

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                Yes but did your neuro run ANY tests? Labs? EEGS?

It could be something treatable..

Just sayin..

Jan
                I agree! Please exhaust all other possibilities before assuming it's MS related... even then, you need your doctors to tell you that it is, and why, and how to prevent and/or treat it.

I did this very thing, assumed the feeling that my upper body was imploding into my hips was a new MS symptom. Was I ever shocked when my GP called to tell me I had a tailbone fracture after X-ray while "eliminating" everything non MS that it could be.

Being light headed is way more serious than my silly tailbone (which I re-fractured plus got a 2nd one 7 months later lol) so I urge you to follow up with your doc to find out why. Let us know how you're doing.
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

west ham, your zingers sound exactly like the way I feel. My neuro's office just called me back and said that the dr does not think my symptoms are related to MS or my meds. They told me to go see my primary care dr, who will probably say that it's MS. I really don't have alot of faith in either one of them. Guess I'll go tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonite View Post
                    my primary care dr ... will probably say that it's MS.
                    Really? Even after the neuro says not? I think I'd be inclined to look for a new primary! I guarantee your primary doesn't know more about MS than your neuro...
                    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
                    X