Please Help - MS Hug and Bruise on Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help - MS Hug and Bruise on Rib

Hi there. I have been having the terrible ordeal of the MS Hug for about a week - well today, I have a bruise - on the outside of my ribs where the "hug" is the worst - is it normal for your skin to bruise on the outside of your ribs where the Hug is happening the most?

Please please let me know if you have experienced this. Its not that the inside of my ribs feel bruised - there is actually a bruise on my skin... It has me very freaked out - any insight would be great - it is Sunday night and i am out of town...

I should have prefaced this by stating- I was in the ocean today for 5 minutes, and a few waves crashed into me ever so slightly. Maybe because of the inflamation - I bruised there???

Thanks guys - you are always so so helpful and this is so new - I searched the board and cant find any other posts about this specifically.
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills

The bruise is most likely coincidental. You can call your neurologist regarding the hug and how to relieve it, but MS hugs do not cause bruising.

Best wishes
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Stoshoo,

Do you/have you ever "bruised much"? I say this, b/c when I was on a couple diff DMD's I seemed to bruise. That aside, it is NOT common to have an associated bruise with MS hug (at least I have never HEARD of that)

Hope your bruise and hug goes away QUICKLY!!
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

yep - easy bruiser here

I think I must be hypersensitive! Yes, I bruise very easily and it is likely coincidental, right? Freaked me out when I noticed it, but I must have simply knocked into something maybe a wave too hard. ???

What a mess - I am. Thank you - I will let you know when it goes away.

For the hug and parasthesia I have been battling for the last three weeks - I am taking a taper dose of steroids for 18 days (I first had 6 days of 1000mg IV steroids in and out of the hospital) - and she has given me Trileptal to basically take for the next several months, for my pains etc. (I also start Copaxone in two weeks)

Well now that you know my life story.... LOL

Thanks again for putting my mind at ease - sometimes you just need to talk it out...
        "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills

Comment

Stoshoo,

I DO know that when I take steroids I bruise easier.

Hope you get it figure out!!
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Help, I have been sick all year. First the flu for 3 weeks and that set me off into the biggest flare ever.
            I have optic neuritis, First my eyeballs hurt and then left with what feels very dry and gritty. I have narrow angle glaucoma, so I have to be careful which meds I take.
            THE WORST IS THESE what I believe must be the MS hugs. I have seen other descriptions and mine is weird. I have felt it just below the ribs
            and it then I also had it in the lower abdominal area and that was the worst one I have had. I keep getting then to a point that I feel nauseous. But they do not last long. The residuals last for days.
            So can MS Hugs come and go during a flare. I have had this before and never really thought it was my MS. I have been sleeping 18 hours day. My last neuro appointment, I had muscle atrophy in my right and now left rectus muscle, the 6 pack muscles. Does the hug or vice as I call it cause muscle atrophy? I just want them to stop. Oh they are not constant like this foggy brain. Any answers would be helpful. I am so new at this, so please bare with me and forums. Thanks, Judy

Comment

Working...
            X