Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaw spams? Call me Moses!

Funny but costly!

I'm been having spasms in my jaws since I remember. Problem is... When it happens I chomp down on my tongue. Not so much fun when it happens in the middle of the night!

For some reason, my jaws want me to take this more seriously because these spasms are happening more regularly, about 10 times a day.

I try to keep my tongue in! Seriously! But I'm not too good at it.

Yesterday was good, I managed to save my tongue and was so happy I did when I heard a (for me) loud clang coming out of my mouth.

I instantly felt like MOSES! No parting of the seas but, parting of the upper denture!

My denture almost completely split, it's hanging on by 1/2 inch. Darn, I have to be careful when I eat. Again!

I had the same thing happen last year and it totally snapped and cost me $300. I don't have another $300. I just might have to change my name to Gummy!

I had my teeth removed about 6 years ago because they kept breaking and Humpty could no longer save them.

I hate Jaw spasm! I kinda woulda preferred biting my tongue! Or learn to separate the waters instead. A the very least have Moses appear to me with either new dentures, or lessons on separating thing.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Have you spoken to your neurologist about these? I have them, but have never broken my teeth from them. I am on a lot of anti-seizure medicine which I suspect helps. They just keep cranking it up and my anti-spasticity meds. You really need to speak to your neurologist about it. At least your PCP if you are not diagnosed.

Good luck
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I'm still awaiting an apt with Neuro. But I am seeing a GP tomorrow who I am hoping will keep me on as a regular patient. Right now, he accepted to see me as a favor to my nephew. My fingers are crossed!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
      X