No announcement yet.

Explaining parasthesia to others proves funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know - it really makes me feel so much better to see that so many people relate to this feeling!!!

This is my first time at the disco - so the severity of the parasthesia (and the MS Hug) I am experiencing has me home from work and applying for FMLA/STD for a little while while we treat it.

I went for another MRI on saturday and they found a "new" lesion on the right side of the upper pons of my brain stem - which apparently explains why my symptoms have "returned" in such great strides (or never fully went away). I'm having a hard time understanding it - I'll post about it in another post. lol
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills

Comment

Originally posted by stoshooo View Post
      This is my first time at the disco - so the severity of the parasthesia (and the MS Hug) I am experiencing has me home from work and applying for FMLA/STD for a little while while we treat it.
      I'm sure it's driving you crazy right now, but if your paresthesia does become permanent or frequent you will eventually be able to accept it as you "new normal." I'm not saying you'll feel good about it, just that you'll be able to work around it.

The hug is a whole 'nother ball of wax, but I haven't had that particular pleasure...

Good luck with the 'roids!
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

OH man, the bunched sock feeling is so annoying. Sometimes it feels like I have cellophane stuck to my foot, or a wad of paper between my toes. So annoying!!!

I've also torn my bed apart multiple times looking for something that must be crawling all over me and biting me. Of course, there is nothing there. Just my nerves! It is so bizare to look at my arm/leg and see that there is nothing there but feel like I'm covered in fire ants.

Comment

a new normal eh? lol Uggh, the mere thought, although in the back of my mind I am starting to accept it as a possibility.

It is indeed driving me crazy - the sensation is so strong it's jarring and hard to focus. But I at least know what something like this feels like and hope to be better prepped, mentally, for whatever comes next - you dig?

p.s. roids make me eat like a sumo wrestler! micky dees here I come!
          "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills

Comment

It feels like television "snow" sounds, to me. Every staticky hiss is a bee sting... My brain like "snow" all the time too. People get that explanation for some reason...lol
            "If you find it hard to forgive and forget, try to forgive every time you remember..." Lori-dx 3/05

Comment

Originally posted by Still Smyelin View Post
              It feels like television "snow" sounds, to me.
              Interesting! I usually describe mine as being like hissing on an old cassette tape. You can still 'hear' the 'music' but only if it's louder than the (annoying) hiss...
              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Sometimes its like a vibrator was connected to my bones....but not in a good way....lol....

Comment

Not sure if the moderator will allow this link but it's a great way to explain how different aspects of MS feel.

**Link was removed, but here is the original! http://www.howdoesmsfeel.com/how.html**
                  ~Seasha~

Comment

Thanks Seasha!

Comment

Working...
                    X