Inflamation theorys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflamation theorys

A little back story before I get to the meat of the issue.I'm a married 38 year old man.My main lingering problems are Fatigue,Cog fog,Pain and right side weakness and uncoordination .These have been with me in varying degrees since my diagnosis 6 years ago.I try to do one chore a day, this is my daily goal.On bad days It may take me all day to do one load of laundry,if that.
    I've always been skeptical of any of the new drugs/treatments as the old ones(Rebif,Copaxone) either didn't do anything or made me much worse.I've always looked at the CCSVI with a wary eye,It allways smacks of snake oil to me.Please,those of you who who feel differently I mean no disrespect I'm just expressing my personal opinions.

So I took a Cialias Friday(for obvious reasons).Didn't get around to using the effects that night because my pain levels and fatigue became to high to feel sexy any more.Woke up the next morning and used the drugs desired effect, vacuumed the house,went to the movies with my wife,walked around Target did 2 loads of laundry and cooked dinner.I felt *** near normal.Because this drug is a vassodialator and it opens my blood vessles I'm starting to wonder if there may be something to the blood flow issue.My thinking is more on the lines of the fact that Inflammation is a big part of our disease.If you have a flair they give you steroids(anti-anflamitory).

So my question is have any of you men experienced anything similar.Dose the female body produce any natural anti-anflamitory chemicals when pregnant,as many of their symptoms seem to go away during the pregnancy.Have any of you any thought on the subject at all.

hmmm

i have absolutly no idea but it does raise my thinking... but then i had a relapse during 2 of my pregnancies. and with in 6 months of giving birth to all my kids??? so i don't know... but i have heard the theory of small blood vessles before from people and just kind of waved it off. sorry not helpful, but it makes me wonder. TC

Comment

No problem Mama

I wasn't expecting any real answers Mama so no worrys.I just have a lot of time on my hands and (go figure) I think about MS a lot.

Comment

Your typical days sound exactly like mine (except I am a female and thankfully have no need to worry about "leverage" on top of everything else)! The get one thing done everyday at all costs has kept me limping along as well.

I am a big believer in anti-inflammatory theories and went so far as to get on and off steroid pulsing a couple times. Of course, you got to be careful of side-effects (the worst probably being necrosis ).

I am now trying to mesh Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet into what I currently eat, adding more teas, spices, and veggies. Easy enough. He has a food pyramid that I printed off the computer as a reminder to start incorporating more natural anti-inflammatory items into my grocery list/diet.

I do believe it can make a difference, but it is subtle and takes time.
        Tawanda

Comment

I'm not trying to be funny, here, but I believe that the many benefits of sex could be responsible for your physically good day. We all know that stress/anxiety and fatigue all can make MS sx worse, so it makes sense that if you had a really good time when you awoke in the morning, that your stress levels were greatly reduced.

The reason steroids are given to treat various MS sx is because they are immuno-suppressors, in addition to being very effective at removing inflammation. They are intended to stop your body's immune system from over-reacting and attacking your myelin. The immune response also causes inflammation, so I suspect a combined effect there.

The more research and trials that go into CCVSI seem to reduce the original optimism by proving not to be as originally effective as first thought. As I understand it as well, it has only shown to be effective in a relatively low amount of a certain type of MS (no different than many of the meds as well).

The fact that you took the pill at night, and it is a vasodilator, but you were not able to enjoy the benefits that evening because your sx were quite bad, leads me to believe that it was not the vasodilation effect that made you feel better the next day. I think you just felt great 'cuz you had sex.

If I occasionally am lucky enough to actually have an orgasm (which is a huge vasodilator), one of my current sx of myoclonic jerking gets significantly worse, and my fatigue will be worse as well, making me not to want to even try.
          20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

I get what your saying Hells, but unfortunately for me on those occasions that I can have sex it wastes me for the rest of the day.

Comment

Yup, I hear you!

So, perhaps there was some benefit to the medication for your sx.

Good luck with testing your theory a little more.
              20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

Working...
              X