Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muscles larger on the side you most often have spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscles larger on the side you most often have spasms?

Just wondering...my left side is my spasm side. Just put on some boots I haven't worn for awhile, and could barely zip them on my left side, while the rights side is loose with room to spare! Another one of those weird anomalies, or just my strange body?!
    Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Hi Debbie,

I had that this week in my neck. I had lots of spasms in my neck (I thought my head would do a 360°). Then the right side of my neck got visibly swollen.

I think it's normal after the muscles have been through so much. I found relief with a cold pack. The swelling went down and I felt much better.

Your leg has probably developed more muscles because of the spasms. I don't think it's anything you should worry about but if you see a physical therapist you could mention it.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Yes. Today is one of those days where I get on here and it is like yes, yes, yes that's me.

At least it makes me feel better in some way to comiserate.

I have had spasms and spasticity more strongly on my right side while my left leg is my weaker more disobedient side.

I had started noticing a difference between my calves and ankles for a few years. Then I need an AFO.

My first AFO was on the left. I think that added to difference in the sizes.

Now I have 2 AFOs so they are a little less noticeable. I still get more spasms on one side more than the other.

If it helps at all, I don't think other people notice it as much as I do unless I say something.

I have talked about it to my close friends and they say things like: "maybe a little bit." So either they are kind or I am self critical.

Take Care

Comment

Carole, I think you're right...when the muscles have been through a lot, like when we exercise, they naturally get bigger. Except with the muscle spasms, that growth is involuntarily, and NOT my choice! Grr!

Naphappy, I agree that we are much more critical of ourselves! This really bugs me, but no one else notices a thing! I certainly notice if I can get one boot on, and not the other because of my giant calf on the left side! Another grr is in order!
        Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

My right leg is weaker and has spasms, but it is also smaller. Go figure!

I can see a difference but it is minimal so no one else notices. My right boot is a little looser at the top though.

Comment

Working...
          X