SICK after shower Qs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SICK after shower Qs?

Last night I took a shower and afterwards I was SICK!
    I had been having minor indigestion for a couple days before then, but like I said, it was minor, that is till I took my shower & the shift was quick and dramatic.

It's WINTER here so I was not about to take a freezing cold shower. I also have problems judging water temps. What feels hot in one spot feels cool in another, likely from neuropathy? so I am told.

Anywho never had a shower make me downright ILL like this before.

I have heard of hot water causing psudo exaberations, but indigestion made much worse & turning to diareha?

Might timing be a factor, at night before bed instead of morning?

I had early morning test (routine) at my cadriologist this morning and did not have much time to get ready this morning.

Last night the indegistion soon turned to diareha, so I took some T3 (Tylinol w/codine) a ole remidy Rx'd for for decades. (no more diareha YEA!)

I wore disposeable underware just in case of further problems at my dr apt. Instead of diareha I threw up volumes of brownish liquid, no food etc for 24hrs before the test. I told them right off I was not feeling well.

Later during testing I told them I was going to toss up. They handed me a small plastice (typical hospital style) thingy, but it was not near enough. My nice clean shirt and pants took the huge overfow. What a MESS!

They were understanding, and I sure felt better, a relative term here as I am still a bit sick.

Afterwards I returned home, with dry sweatshirt they gave me, and went right to BED!

I think I have a minor BUG, but never before had a shower of all things make it worse. Is this likely anyway related to MS?

Yet another doctor apt turned into a side show?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot
    PS sory for larger type, using old web brouser w/o zoom on a super high res but small screen.

Gosh, Gomer!

Sorry to hear of your trouble. I would think (especially with this crazy disease) that it could be possible to have a psuedo flare, due to a hot shower.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I love a hot shower, but can't any more. I'll have two stages after a hot shower. My legs get really weak and then I get nauseated. I even had to sell my hot tub. I can still take a hot shower sometimes, but I need to take a cool down shower before I'm done.

Comment

I hope you feel better Gomer... you just can't seem to get a break.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

How is our Gomer doing?

Hope you're OK.
          Take care,
          swingingwillow
          Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

Comment

Gomer
            So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Is it MS related, I don't know. I do know about water being hot in one spot and cool to cold in another.
            My showers are short. I am so tired after drying myself takes forever. Nap is needed after.
            SgrammieD

Comment

Oh Gee Gomer, this is just awful, yikes!

Okay maybe the temp of the shower just made an already sick body kick into illness..but what concerns me is your couple days of indigestion and vomiting brown liquid. THAT needs to get addressed quickly, esp if it continues as I see it.

Have you told any of your docs it was brownish? If it gets as dark as coffee grounds you need to seek immediate medical attention. It could be something more serious than the flu or just be what you ate last. Honest. I am worried about you.

TELL your doc please. Hope you get answers and heal up real soon.

Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Warmly, Jan
              I believe in miracles~!
              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.......
                I hurled buckets of dark brown (probably not quite coffee grounds dark tho) looked a lot like the pure liquid diarrhea I had that nite. (Prep & ready for a colonoscopy??..ha ha)

They did ask if I had coffee that morning. I told them NO, had not had a single cup for some time. I had NO food since the evening before (requirement for test). Water & orange crystal lite for breakfast.

I did miss 2 nights of APAP, might have to explain to sleep doc end of Feb. I did not want to hurl into my mask. Had that happened I might have drowned...ha ha.

Sill not 100%, but doing better.

I see my fam doc Tuesday, should be a little better yet by then. I doubt he would be interested in the whole event. Unless another doc gets involved he usually ignores things. When something from another doc does pop up on the radar, he usually scrambles, to at least *** (his butt) or even help. Once he decides to scramble on something he can be good. ( I have had lot worse docs).

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot
                Back on reg 'puter but on super slow dial-up web, thanks to ATT UselessVerse)

Comment

Gee Gomer, that is awful..still.
                  Since you did not eat and it was brown..then you MUST see a doc. Could be a sign of bleeding. So if your doc doesn't take this seriously..then see a Gastro doc. They would need to scope you (while you are sleeping) and look inside.

It is worth it to get a thorough exam. I know you have a history of poor provider care. Who would you trust to take this seriously? And how are you feeling now?

Take care and heal up soon..let us know please,

Jan
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

You should mention the dark brown vomit, this is not normal Gomer. That should probably be followed up on.
                    Melissa (dx. 3/22/2011)

Comment

Hi Gomer,

My goodness you're having a hard time. Please continue to let us know how you are doing.

I'm glad you're seeing your family doc soon.
                      Take care,
                      swingingwillow
                      Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

Comment

hot shower

Gomer sorry to hear you are so sick I too belief that you have other issues working on you as others have said. As far as a hot shower I cannot take a hot shower as it always leaves very very weak and then after drying and dressing if I don't sit for 30 minutes or so in a cool place I am drenched in sweat and look as if I just ran a marthon. I have found a warm shower and followed by 5 to 10 minutes of cool if not cold water rinse is all I can do to help the problem but it doesn't completely cure it. Hope you can get to bottom of all you concerns.
                        Oldschool54&Service Dog Baila

Comment

Gomer, so sorry you've been so sick. After reading this, I realized I have found a compromise that works for me, and makes it possible for me to get a bath or shower without sx...I drink cold liquid, and have ice with it. It seems if I keep my body cool on the inside, I can tolerate more heat on the outside without sx. I love me a bath! Fortunately this works for me...
                          Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

Gomer!

Dear Lord I think you're allergic to doctors!

Sorry your last appointment was another flop. You're really having a difficult time, I feel for you.

I hope you feel better soon, hugs!
                            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

ZSorry; I have to compose this offline, ATT (useless bait-switch inc) keeps dropping our dial tone for seconds at a time. I have to work fast online or get signal dropped.
                              I could use my (dumb) smart phone but hard 4 me to type on.

Over in Newbies Lounge Carol suggest I may be ALLERGIC to doctors!

I think the idea maybe has some merit, considering my LUCK w/Drs.
                              Tomorrow morn is my fam doc apt. I am a little better still so I think I will not bother him w/last weeks hurling issue. Its not something he can see or feel, even if it were sometimes he ignores things. That’s what walk-ins are for. (my case)

He has lost a couple staff members (nice) and a new not-so nice member. Plus I think I have more issues than he wants to deal with. MS, diabetes, kidney disease, hypertension and more. Even when I was in a couple years ago for BP check my body was freezing COLD….nope not wanting to about hear it. For some things he has been good, better than some others. More than once I went in with plainly visible issues, in one eye and out the other…7-10 days later off to walk-in, given Xray and problem found. The 7-10 day/hours, maybe 7-11 (hey party store?) is an odd recurring issue w/me.

Kidney labs bad sent to ER asap, 7 days later fell and back to ER. 2 days later admitted on the kidney issue. Back in ’79 Sore throat, 7-11 days later sent to co doc (fam doc refused to see me for follow-up), given clean bill of health, sent back to work in time for lunch. 7-11 hrs later, off to ER via meat-wagon and admitted & Dx with diabetes. Last summer 7-11 days after VA urologist refused to consider my voiding problems, yet again off to St Jo for urgent (emergency) procedure. Had testing 2 weeks later and surgery to fix the problem.

Bottom line, if HE ASKs about anything I will answer honestly. IF he decides on his own to check something out fine, otherwise I am going to try and get in and out quickly w/o bringing up anything. My neck has been bothering me for months, (possible thyroid issue, on meds) and my right arm & leg have been bugging me if I try and walk or reach too much. (Arm/shoulder might be diabetic shoulder issue?? )

Many docs prefer to have patients come in, listen and leave. It’s the BEST way to avoid getting GOMER’d.

Thanks for all your input, very good, practical and logical, but remember I am…

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
                              X