Does anyone have any insight on catheter bag issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any insight on catheter bag issues

I had a Bard Foley Catheter procedure 1/3/13 with a 16 French Foley. Does this mean that I have a supine catheter or what is this kind of catheter? I've had 2 UTIs already and had so much difficulty keeping the bag on my thigh (connection kept coming undone on the bag!) that I'm now using the overnight bag full-time. And does anyone have any experience explaining the cath bag tube carrying urine to a son? He's 11 years old and when he finally notices it he's going to FREAK OUT. I'm in a powerchair and he's already embarrassed to ever be seen with me. I think my new adaptation will put him over-the-top. Any guidance is most appreciated!

**URL removed in your username by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Hello and Welcome Coping Well!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Make sure that you're cleaning your foley regularly. Wiping down the outside of the bag wouldn't hurt either. You'll also want to make sure that your bag is below the level of your bladder at all times. If it is too high (I'm thinking like if you're lying down since you said you strap it to your leg), your urine could go back up through the foley and back into your bladder, which could cause a UTI.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Working...
      X