Spasms sometimes make me laugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasms sometimes make me laugh.

I just can't help it! These body are very new to me. I was never able to break dance before. Not that I wanted to!

Sometimes the facial spasms get me in the nose, then the upper lip. Makes me feel like a mouse or something.

Let's be clear, MS is no fun, nor the symptoms, but I find a bit of humor in talking to someone while my face is acting up. While talking to the doc last night, I was shocked by my facial spasms that kept on going no matter what I did.

When my hubby helps me transfer, I bob up and down like a yoyo. I sometimes can't help but laugh. I sing a tune of Jack in the Box.

Should I even be laughing at this? Is it inappropriate? I know that I would never laugh at somebody else. Maybe this is my way of coping with this new symptom?

I normally try and find humor wherever I can, it seems to make life easier.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

I say good for you.

My grandma always said that a person makes the choice to laugh or cry. I choose to laugh as much as I can.

Comment

I also say good for you! My humor is sometimes dark & a little twisted, laughing at things that are perhaps inappropriate, BUT it keeps me going. One of my closest friends, who is also a coworker, is always making fun of me for my spasms and random, uncoordinated movements. I love it. Like ghostgirl said, I'd rather choose to laugh than cry - and I love that I have people who are willing to laugh with me.
      RRMS 1/16/13
      Ocrevus 2/19/18

Comment

Thank you!

Since I posted this, I've been feeling so bad and been regretting my post.

I've just now awaken and went for the iPad to check for responses.

I must add that while trying to concentrate on something, the spasms are very annoying.

These spasms are very new to me, they only started this week. I do get times when they totally scare me and then I cry.

Up until last week, my only active symptoms were the fatigue, extreme pain in lower back and hips and extreme heaviness in my body.

I've been thrown into another world since then. I'm dealing with a whole other reality. I'm sure you've all been there.

I want to thank you both for responding to this thread. It is so important to me at this time. You are all angels for me, guiding, teaching, helping and supporting me through this "transition". You are very much appreciated!

Comment

Aww, give me a hug.

Keep smiling hun.

Comment

Carole...I am so glad you can laugh, and your humor makes ME laugh out loud which I really need right about now, so thank you for the positive energy you're sending out to me and all of us here in spite of your own massive struggles. My heart is with you and your family...
            Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

I hate the facial spasms! I had a steady pulsing on the left side of my face for about 2 weeks after being dx.

I laugh about my MESS too. Obviously when I was midst excerbation, I was not laughing, but the residuals are silly. Like I brought PB instead of yogurt for my snack yesterday. I put clothes and soap in the washer and forget to turn it on. I hid my scented markers at work so people would quit taking them and now I can't remember where I hid them. If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying and I don't have time for that!

Comment

Thank you all,

Right now I'm not laughing cause I'm getting periods of severe spasms. I'm pucking instead. I'll be starting another post with a question.

Comment

Working...
                X