Cooling Vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling Vest

Does anyone use a cooling vest and if so where did you get it from? I see so many different ones out there.

I have an ArcticHeat (yes that's how they spell it) vest. It's certainly very cool. Even in really hot weather.

The only trouble is that it weighs quite a lot when it is "fired up". It would be ideal if you're relatively fit and strong.

Oh, and it takes a lot of getting ready, and it only lasts a few hours.

I think in America these vests might be free (?). Over here they're $170.

Comment

Clay....,

Don't know where you are but most of the MS chapters offer assistance for buying cooling vests. Check the National Multiple Society website for more information.
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

MSAA gives them for free if you qualify. I got one! They have several to choose from. Google it.

Comment

I don't have a vest, but I have several "Cool Things".

They kind of look like a snake or a worm that I can wrap around y neck or let go down my spine. They are filled with beads or stuff that kind of looks like the filling in a diaper.

I soak them in water then put them in the refridgerator or freezer.

I just started searching around until I found what I was looking for.

Your local chapter usually has avenues you can take as well.

Good Luck finding what you are looking for.

Comment

I'm not sure where you live but here's a good website with lots of variety:

coolingproducts.com

Good luck!
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I got one from MSAA for free. Just needed a note from my doc that say I had MS. They let me choose from a few options and I chose the cooling belt that has cooling wraps for my wrists, ankles and neck. I only use the belt because it can be discreetly put on under my work scrubs and no one knows but me. I keep extra ice packs in my jobs freezer to switch out as needed. I get really bad hot flashes and once I get warm I can't cool down on my own. I just get hotter and hotter. The cooling belt has made a HUGE difference in my ability to work.
              Alliecjty
              RN, Mom and MS fighter

Comment

Working...
              X