Need words of encouragment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need words of encouragment

I guess this has to do with my mental state of mind which is in part to my MS, ifeel like I am being torn betwen my adult children and my boyfriend, house cleaning, working full time, taking care of my 2yr old grandson in the afternoon after work until my daughter gets home, wasing dishes, fixing supper, I finally had my break down......I am so tired and they won't to fuss about who I am going to spend time with on Saturday. I am not sure I have enough time to eqal out.

I could really use advise and just a few words to let me know it will all work out, my day today has just been a mental day couldn't get with it at work just felt tired and down and out.....just one of those days
    Anita

I'm so sorry your having a time of it! You've got a lot going on- working full time is an effort in itself! So many of us women try to do it all and we forget to take "OUR" time. There was a post floating around here at one time called the spoon theory. You could do a search to find it, but it explains so well how every little thing we do can take a toll on us (physically and mentally) - to the point where there's nothing left!!

If I were you, I'd let everyone know that it's going to be "YOUR" time on Saturday. Sleep in, lounge in pjs all day, enjoy some time alone reading a good book, cup of tea ~ sounds yummy, doesn't it? We all need to recharge our batteries from time to time and it's sounds like it's your turn!

I'm sure they all can understand - they want you well.
    Please take care

p.s. just found the link to the spoon theory - http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...t=spoon+theory
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

First of all hello neighbor I live just outside of Statesville myself. I live on my own , I babysit my 9 month old granddaughter, I do not work as I am on disability. I have my hands full doing it all without working so I understand where you are coming from.

It sounds as though your daughter lives with you as mine does. We had a talk this past weekend. She will now be doing a big chunk of the housework now, I will still do some myself but much less and the less strenuos parts. I explained to her it was either babysitting or the housework as It was too much doing both. So that may be a suggestion for you if your living arrangements are similar.

As far as Saturday goes if they all want to spend the day with you suggest they come over and do the rest of the housework and then you would be ok going out with them afterwards as you will have the energy, other wise no.

If they really want to see you and do things with you that's the price,tell them otherwise you won't have the energy to do it. They need to change thier attitude to more of a you you you instead of me me me.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

You can only be taken advantage of if you allow it.

Speak up for what is best for YOU. We have to pace ourselves to be able to do things.

Take Saturday off, and help others when you are able to.

Comment

You have alot on your plate and something is going to have to change because you can not do it all. The spoon theory is a good way to relate how it is and when you are empty you have no more energy and you have to get to the place where you have to protect yourself and dole out your energy so you have enough to make it through the day. Only you know how you are feeling and it may change during the day and you may be exhausted in the middle of the day and just need to take some "me" time

Comment

Thanks

I am going to pull your link up right now.....i don't think that i have every felt so tired and worn down as i have this week.
            Anita

Comment

Scooter24, so nice to know of someone close by, and we are going to sit down and have a long talk tonight, to many tempers flaring last night, there is so much more going on, we have a vet staying with us who is i don't think smart enough to clean up after him self, my boyfriends mom just moved in with us about 3 weeks ago, so it is alot of things going on, i barley have time for myself with everything, and just didn't want to hear the fussing, but it will all work out, i have faith that God only gives us what we can handle and i am sure there are alot of people worse off then i am, but there are times you just need to vent to relieve some stress.

And thank you all for letting me do that...
              Anita

Comment

Working...
              X