Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal?

Hey does anyone else out there with MS have this problem? I was diagnosed with MS in August of 2012. Since then I have found that I can have a couple of what I call good days, and then the next morning I might have some dizziness, numbness in my face or leg, dragging my left foot around or some shakiness. And the next day after that I feel fine again. Just wondering if this is normal with MS? Feeling very frustrated when you can never tell how you are going to feel the next day.
    Christine5
    Christine5

Yep, that is pretty normal. If it lasts more than a day call your doc. If not, its just an MS thing. Just reminding you "hey, I am here!". Pseudoflare. Gotta love em!

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Yep sounds about normal my day to day tends to vary as well there's no real rhyme or reason to it. Hope you feel better soon.

~Elly~
      I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

22cyclist

You seem to be pretty active here in the forum. I so appreciate you answers not just for the other's but for me too. You're a great source of info and support. Thanks for being there for us.
        Dave Tampa, FL
        "Journeyman"

Comment

is this normal

Yes...I call them good days/bad days. Even some days can start out good and then turn bad with some funky symptom. I've lived with this since 1994 and have learned to go with the flow; expect the unexpected as the expression goes.

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
            You seem to be pretty active here in the forum. I so appreciate you answers not just for the other's but for me too. You're a great source of info and support. Thanks for being there for us.
            Dave Tampa, FL
            "Journeyman"
            Thank you Dave, you too. When I am moderating I sometimes will answer then. It is just easy to do it right away. I always appreciate your input and humor too.

Lisa
            Moderation Team
            Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
            SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
            Tysabri

Comment

Yes, that's normal. And for me, the mix changes over the months. One thing I noticed for myself is that it depends very much on how much sleep I'm getting.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your replys. It helps to know I'm not going crazy. There is still so much to learn about this disease.
                Christine5

Comment

How can you tell when it is an actual relapse vs just bad symptoms for a day or two?

Comment

It feels different, in time you will learn.

Comment

bad day vs relapse

and if it lasts longer than a day or two
                      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

It does feel different. A nice (not) new relapse will feature new symptoms.

So, if you're used to having one numb finger and suddenly you've got two numb fingers, what you have there is a flare.

If you had a flare which gave you numb legs, and it went away more or less, but when you exercise or get hot those legs start to tingle, then that's (cue laugh track) nothing to worry about.

So long as it goes away when you rest or get cooler.

This is just my opinion, and I am not medically trained in any way, but I think it's pretty hard to tell the difference late in the game.

Early on, most new symptoms are just that - new.

Fourteen years on, I'm afraid all the damage has been done, so tingling legs that don't ever go away are not a flare, or a pseudo flare. It's just progression (again, ha).

Comment

Working...
                        X