Chicken leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken leg

Something new to me. When I walk my right leg snaps like a chicken leg. Like when you see a chicken walking, how the leg kind of snaps? This has been going on off and on now since November. And since my neck surgery. It started again Tuesday. Today is Thursday. It happened 2 weeks ago. I told my Neuro. New MRI coming in Feb. and some more testing.

Any input on this please.

Thanks
    Sandy
    SgrammieD

Do you mean it gets hyperextended? I call it flamingo knee. My knee will extend too far, almost bending backwards, very easily, and sort of cracks/snaps when it does this....is this what you mean? If so, I got that....I am just careful about how far I extend my knee, when I remember....

Comment

My knee used too hyperextend on every step. The nerves to the muscles that usually prevents this weren't working. I found that a knee brace that limits knee extention helped for awhile. Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Maybe I am wrong with the way I described my leg thing. When I walk, it's like I am gonna heel myself in the butt.
        Leg bends normally but with a snap and foolt points to the ground. It is not painful, but weird and then I wonder if anyone is watching me walk funny.
        SgrammieD

Comment

Working...
        X