Sleep Number Bed Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep Number Bed Question

WOW I have really not been on here in a couple of years and I feel bad about that. Seems like when you are getting diagnosed and have a million questions you live on the boards, but now.......oh well Now I have a question

My husband and I are in the market for a new mattress. We were in the sleep number store and tried the store trial. Of course they make it seem like the next best greatest thing in the world, but it is about 3000 dollars for what we would like.

Question now. Who has a sleep number? And does it help any with the night time spasticity and cramping in the AM? We are in our mid 50's and think this mattress may be the way to go, but don't want to part with hard earned money if it's no good. What do you guys think? And hello again after many years again!!........Jan
    God only promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

If you stumble, make it part of your dance

We got one 5 months ago and we LOVE IT!! We bought the basic model. No pillow top or tufting. It was 699.00 for the mattress and 299.00 for the box springs. Another 199.00 for the frame. We got the low profile frame. The legs are only 4 inches tall. I wanted a thinner mattress because it is hard to lift my leg up to get in bed. From floor to the top is 22 inches. PERFECT!!!

My number is 50., It is like sleeping on my own personal cloud. My hips feel much better. Good luck and I love my bed!

Comment

Originally posted by objan View Post
      WOW I have really not been on here in a couple of years and I feel bad about that. Seems like when you are getting diagnosed and have a million questions you live on the boards, but now.......oh well Now I have a question

My husband and I are in the market for a new mattress. We were in the sleep number store and tried the store trial. Of course they make it seem like the next best greatest thing in the world, but it is about 3000 dollars for what we would like.

Question now. Who has a sleep number? And does it help any with the night time spasticity and cramping in the AM? We are in our mid 50's and think this mattress may be the way to go, but don't want to part with hard earned money if it's no good. What do you guys think? And hello again after many years again!!........Jan
      I have NO "connection" to this company, but DO have a "select comfort aka sleep number" bed. I bought it because of back problems and it is the ONLY bed I have ever been able to sleep on, that does not COMPLETELY hurt my back!!!!! I have never regretted one CENT I spent on purchasing it.
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

We've had a sleep number for many years. don't let them sell you the "bells and whistles"....the standard bed works fine. Before you decide set aside an hour and go lay on the bed in their shop for at least a half hour or 45 minutes (they won't mind if they think you're interested."

I really don't notice a huge difference, my husband loves it and it relieves his back problems. Our problem is there are only 2 settings and 3 sleepers, our Weimeraner seems to prefer my husband's sleep number instead of mine ... Thank goodness!

My favorite bed accessory is a bed wedge system from Relax the Back store. Wow difference in sleeping, and I use it during the day while working when I get tired of sitting in my recliner.

Hope you find what works for you.

Comment

My husband & I each have a twin extra long, visco elastic for him & sleep number for me. The foam didn't work for me as it was incredibly hard for me to move around in it. However, it helps him with his back problems. We also got an adjustable bed frame which is wonderful. It helps so much to lie with my feet up & to sit up and get out of bed. Wish we had gotten them sooner.
          ~ Becky

Comment

I have had a Select Comfort for 12 years

and would never again buy anything else. The difference is so incredible. I have to say, though, that for me, the buying a more premium setup did make a difference. One of my symptoms is what I call "princess and the pea syndrome". My hips and legs hurt if I lie in one position for more than a few minutes on one side. I spent several hours in the store, lying on first one bed and the other, comparing different sleep numbers on the different mattresses. The higher-priced sleep number beds have different densities and thicknesses of foam. That may or may not make a difference to you.

I happen to know that right now their Limited Edition bed is 50% off. You almost never see that big a discount, so now would be a good time to buy. I don't have any connection with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

Comment

Thank you so much guys! I am sleeping on a 5 in temperpedic mattress pad on a sealy pillowtop and I am having so much trouble with pain in hips, shoulders, back etc when I lie on one spot too long. We are looking at the temperpedic top with the sleep number baffles on the bottom. It seemed fantastic in the store and we do have the 30 day trial. I think we are going to give it a try. Thanks again..........Jan
              God only promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

If you stumble, make it part of your dance

Comment

Wow

We just purchase a new bed with twin XL mattresses. I forget what they are but they are not sleep number. I would like to try one in the future and when it was mentioned that one person had foam and the other sleep number, I thought, "well duh!" and now I will have to think that over for a future choice.

Comment

jan,
                  I have had the select comfort King size for 13 years. I find it is very comfortable, but I don't think it makes any difference with spasticity. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X