Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting way to explain to others....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting way to explain to others....

We just went on a cruise, and I realized something. When the ship is moving, and you sort of mis-step as a result, its what it feels like most of the time for me on land! With MS, I never know when it will feel like the ground is shifting ever so slightly, or even a lot, the way it feels on a moving ship. Also, the vibrations of the engines/motors while onboard simulate my own internal feelings of vibrations sometimes. I told my husband and son that THIS is what MS feels like for me sometimes.
    I think it was more of a revelation for me than for them. Just thought I'd share....

I went on a cruise in Nov. I wish I would have thought to tell my dh that. You are so right. That is a great analogy. I hope you enjoyed your cruise and didn't over do it. I did and ended up in a relapse all the way through Christmas.
    I will go again in a heartbeat if asked. Well worth it.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

I agree, in fact for us MS men using a urinal is like standing up in a jon boat and peeing over the side.
      On good days the water is calm and other times it is choppy , and it is the surprise waves that really makes it fun.
      Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I get the urinal thing! Reminded me of my shower on the cruise ship--
        I have learned not to close my eyes ever in any shower, or else I might tip over, so I keep them squinted even with shampoo rolling over my face. On the ship, with my eyes open I felt off balance...lol...I closed my eyes for a minute too, and this shower had walls, but of course was small, so I couldn't even fall all the way down if I tried, so I just tipped onto the wall. I learned to shower leaning up against the shower wall so as not to sway too much.
        It was strange.....and I thought my family would gain some remarkable insight but they only nodded, and said, oh yeah?
        So here I am to report to my fellow MSers who get it...the only ones who get it....sigh....I feel so alone in my MS....

Comment

I told my husband that everyone was so worried that I would feel worse balance wise on our cruises, but I felt probably the most normal I had for a long time! Jan
          God only promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

If you stumble, make it part of your dance

Comment

I get to go on my fourth cruise in about 30 days! I can't wait. I think my MS does better when on the boat. I know I sleep much better.

We are getting a balcony for this cruise. I told my husband not to let me lean over because my balance has gotten so horrible.

I'm going to try and do the Cave tubing in Belize even though it said you needed to have good health. I know I can do the walk, but just may be a little slower than some. But I have a good DH that will help tons!
            Brenda
            Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Working...
            X