Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know of any vacation spots that are good for us with MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know of any vacation spots that are good for us with MS?

We would love to go back to Mexico but I can't take temperature above 75 degrees.

Any suggestions? Do any places cater to MS patients/symptoms?

As far as weather, the Pacific NW is great during the summer.

One of my friends went on one of the MS cruises and really enjoyed it.

Can I come too?

Comment

pacific northwest

I live on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington; it is beautiful here and the temperature rarely gets above 75 (maybe 2-3 days at end of summer). Usually is about 60-65 in the summer... like a cool refreshing drink of water. The forests are gorgeous, the beaches are wild and beautiful. It is a bit of a trek to get here, even from Seattle, but worth it. You might be able to tell that I love living here (after spending years and years in Southern California)!

Comment

I love Maine in August. It did get warm this last summer but there are plenty of indoor things to do, whale watch boat trips and stuff. Plus the ocean never gets all that warm up there. WONDERFUL to walk in when it does get warm. I can even stand sitting on the beach for a bit. Every night cools off also. Couldn't recommend it more.

Comment

I did a cruise with my hubby from california to mexico in November. Was a great time to do it and I could rest most of the time and get off the ship in small spurts.

Comment

Even though it is Mexico there are times of the year when the temperature meets your requirement. Here;'s one, specifically designed for wheelchairs: Freedom-shores.com

Comment

I had my worst symptoms last summer when it was so hot here in Michigan.

Comment

My husband and I went on a cruise in October that started in Seattle, went through Alaska, crossed to Russia, South Korea and Japan! Wow! Lots of relaxing days at sea, and port days were pleasant temp-wise and easily navigated! We both loved it! I was able to walk more than usual, but always could find places to rest if needed. In South Korea a monk in long robes was drawn to me, and although we could not communicate because of our different languages, he seemed to discern my physical difficulties and gave me a card with a quote on it that was very uplifting when we got it translated! It was cool...he didn't want anything from me like I first feared, he was just empathetic and kind.
                Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

I do not know how handicapped you are but disney world in the early spring is great and brings out the kid in me and they do seem to take care of handicapped people well.

Comment

Hey black cobra... I love Disneyworld too! I grew up in S. California, and it was always the BEST when we went to Disneyland! I have a friend who is a "Universal" girl and likes to give me a hard time for being such a "princess"' but hey, it is what it is! We've done Disneyworld a few times, bit it's been awhile. I did overdo it at Blizzard Beach trying to keep up with my then 10-yr old son, climbing lots of stairs carrying an inner tube over and over and over! Glad to find another Disney girl!
                    Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

Working...
                    X