The flu and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flu and MS

So, I got the shot on Halloween this year and yet here I lay, day 3 of the flu.

I'm on Tamiflu and Mucinex and today I'm not feeling quite as horrid as two days ago. I have had the flu once before, way before dx and it just felt like a really bad cold after a super good workout. This time not so much.

I knew my temp was up because I woke to being tingly all over (I get that way when I can exercise also) and my everyday weighted limbs seemed to have bulked up over night. I literally felt as if I was dragging them that first day. I' m usually decent on balance with my eyes open (I had to give up my past time of walking with my eyes shut, dang!) but not these past few days.

I am slowly improving and being careful not to push myself, as my normal level of fatigue has nothing on this, but I was curious as to how everyone else is or has made out with the flu.

No flu thankfully, but when I do get sick, it knocks me flat on my back! You are certainly not alone on this. I hope you get over it soon!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I have had the flu twice since diagnosis and thankfully it has been just the horrible flu and nothing more complicated MS wise.

Hang in there and I guess be thankful that "they" say if you didn't get the vaccine your flu might have been worse.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Thanks hunterd and Jules.

Flat on my back I shall stay until next year at least. I know, poor New Years humor. lol

Comment

I had my flu shot in Sept. On Thanksgiving my son got an awful cold,like a "Super Cold", than it went thru the whole family, his wife & daughter, than my daughter & her 2 kids. Than my SIL,Than it hit me I was flat on my back for a week before Christmas,I still have a cough & I barely remember any of Christmas.
          I pray you're feeling better God Bless Owl Nona

Comment

Working...
          X