Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Medicare allow copay assistance for DMDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Medicare allow copay assistance for DMDs?

I am going to be eligible for Medicare soon and just read that Medicare does not allow copay assistance. Avonex is a tier 5 on all the Part D plans I've looked at so far, a 33% copay. I just cannot afford that much every month.
    What is everybody else doing? Advice?
    Thank you.

My mother is on medicare and she has copay assistance on all of her drugs and she recieves a few for 0 cost to her.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Medicare

I will also be eligible for Medicare and not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Comment

I've never heard that Medicare prohibits co-pay assistance. That's not to say it's not true.

I have been on 3 DMD, covered under Medicare for all, and participated in co-pay assistance sponsored by each respective pharma.

On a side note, I applied for patient assistance from Pfizer pharmaceutical company, for non DMD, but was refused because Medicare participants are not eligible for Pfizer's financial assistance programs.

Pfizer will only offer patient assistance to those with other insurance coverage.

I refuse Pfizer medications if an alternative is available because of their policy of refusing assistance to Medicare patients.

The Pfizer CSR I talked with missed the 'don't insult the client' training.

Comment

All my DMD was covered,but I have Military insurance along w/ Medicare. The only thing they refused to cover was Provigial.
          God Bless Owl Nona

Comment

Yes. Try NORD. "NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR RARE DISEASES. Medicare allows it. The question is finding it.

I have two illnesses that require co-pay assistance.

Comment

AKAFEARLESS~ I'M ON MEDICARE AND THE ''HELPS PROGRAM FOR PART D'' ITS CALLED THE DONUT HOLE PROGRAM OR MEDICARE HELP'S PROGRAM. IT BASICALLY COVERS OR GIVE A VERY REDUCED RATE FOR ALL DRUGS. I PAY EITHER 1.10 FOR GENERIC OR 3.30 FOR REGULAR DRUGS.
              MY LAST INFUSION OF RITUXAN WAS 3.10 FOR THE 2 TREATMENTS. MY COPAXANE COST ME JUST 1.10 AND SAME FOR IV STEROIDS.
              NOW THIS PROGRAM IS FOR VERY LOW INCOME PEOPLE.
              http://www.q1medicare.com/PartD-The-...-D-Outlook.php
              http://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11493.pdf
              dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
              started tecfidera 7/10/2013
              rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
              copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
              Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

Working...
              X