Breathing problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breathing problem?

For the last two years, I have had this strange breathing pattern that comes up every once in awhile.

It's like I'm panting sort of, uncontrollably, and I don't usually notice it before someone else dose or I am shaking with the rough breath enough to make me aware.

A sharp, short breath in, sometimes with a small noise (which will also alert me it's happening) - air in, but not lot of air out.

This has really perplexed my doctor for the last two years. The odd thing to me now, is this usually occurred with one of my deep fatigue, confused, possibly limping bouts - usually spring and fall. I haven't had this happen for at least 8 months - since being dx with MS.

Is this some kind of weird MS sx?

Originally posted by SunshineDaydreams View Post
    For the last two years, I have had this strange breathing pattern that comes up every once in awhile.

It's like I'm panting sort of, uncontrollably, and I don't usually notice it before someone else dose or I am shaking with the rough breath enough to make me aware.

A sharp, short breath in, sometimes with a small noise (which will also alert me it's happening) - air in, but not lot of air out.

This has really perplexed my doctor for the last two years. The odd thing to me now, is this usually occurred with one of my deep fatigue, confused, possibly limping bouts - usually spring and fall. I haven't had this happen for at least 8 months - since being dx with MS.

Is this some kind of weird MS sx?
    Do you have any brain stem lesions? If so, this would be the most common cause for this type of autonomic dysfunction. Otherwise, I don't know either. This seems to be the most obvious cause since you are diagnosed. The lesion may be forming, or very small, but causing trouble.

I hope you feel better. I have several brainstem lesions that cause havoc on my autonomic system. It sucks.

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hi Lisa - they have not yet found a brainstem lesion, but it would explain a lot.

I asked my current neuro (long story, but she probably won't be for much longer) about autonomic dysfunction and she brushed me off.

The reason I asked is that I have also been having blood pressure problems - not dx as hypertension, but has been as high as 160/110 range and low as 110/70 range at different appointments.

I also have very strange piloerection sensations - sometimes repeatedly to the point of waking me in the middle of the night. I don't always actually get goose bumps, just that chill sensation up my spine over and over.

I am currently looking for a new neuro. I did not know if this breathing thing could be from a lesion, thinking it could be anxiety, but it happens more when I'm completely relaxed.

Thank you for the information!
      Peace

Comment

Working...
      X