Care in the Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care in the Northwest

I am so lucky, so fortunate to have Dr. Lily Jung Henson as my neurologist!
    Seattle, WA
    Dx 05/14/10, age 55, RRMS, Now PPMS
    Avonex 5/10-9/11; Copaxone 20, 9/11-4/13; Tecfidera 4/13-7/15; Copaxone 40, 9/15 -present

Where is that dr at?

Comment

I am very glad you have a neurologist that you like and knows how to treat this MonSter. I just want to caution you not to turn your 'liking' into demagoguery (sp?).
      If you are in the northwest US, then you and your doctor must be acquainted with the work of Dr. Roy Swank and his treatment of MS patients. When I mention his name to my neurologist, I get a blank stare. Is that name known in your area?

Comment

My doctor put me on the swank diet. I am from Northwest Oregon

Comment

she's my doc too!

I also see Dr. Lily Jung Henson at Swedish Hosp MS clinic in Issaquah. I have to drive about 70 miles to see anyone as I live on the north Olympic Peninsula.

I feel that Dr. Jung really listens and is willing to deal with any symptoms with further study. Luckily I have not had any exacerbations to this point (Dxd in Nov 2010), and am doing really well. She got right on top of the Vitamin D issue and I started on Avonex almost immediately.

My next appt is in June, but this time with the Nurse Practitioner (guess that's how it works if you're not an "active" case of MS...), but that's okay with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicole13 View Post
            My doctor put me on the swank diet. I am from Northwest Oregon

Nicole - that's unusual and wonderful. Most doctors dismiss Swank's work. Is your doctor an old-timer? Is he/she at the same clinic where Swank did his research?

Comment

Working...
            X