Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouth sores?

Hi there,

Does anyone else get random mouth sores? I'm fine for about a week or so and then all of the sudden I have a mouth full of tiny sores for a few days ...

I don't believe MS causes mouth sores, but I know some MS-mimic diseases do, such as Lupus, Becet's, etc.

Maybe you are also just prone to canker sores in your mouth, which could be totally unrelated to any systemic illness.

Good luck with getting some answers.
    20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

i think that is thrush...do you take any medications orally that might cause that? i know that inhaled steroids cause that.

Comment

I googled that earlier today and it is a symptom of M.S. also. However, I have now decided, I must be having seizures, I am unaware of. I have a bite on my tongue this afternoon and I haven't a clue. I am certain mine is an unwitnessed seizure or many. I have a new chipped tooth, as well. I've been considering implants, to avoid dental issues.

You may want to examine your teeth for chips and check to see if your lips/tongue are feeling any numbness or if you see any bite marks under your tongue, as well?

Check to see if your arms or legs have any bruise's. I suspect a seizure, could cause sores in the mouth, on the tongue too.

I don't remember where I found that info, but I simply googled, sores in the mouth and M.S. Sure hope you get this resolved. That does not mean, all the other posts are inaccurate, all suggestions are possible. I decided my sores are from biting and most likely a seizure. I have some unexplained bruises, as well. No history of seizure, but I am 59 and everything has gone South this year.

I sure have learned from this thread. Thank You.
        Up

Comment

I would talk to your dr about it. It could be as simple as canker sores or it could be a sign of something bigger. Do you also get a butterfly shaped rash on your face? Do you also get sores in your nose? I get the rash on my chest and have Lupus as well as MS. I always mention most everything to my dr's we never know what can be important to them

Comment

Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause ulcers and sores in the mouth. It's also an MS mimic. You need to discuss this with your doctor.
            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Burnt Mouth Syndrome

I just recovered from burnt mouth syndrome. It was horrible.. I couldn't eat, drink enough water, or taste food, which was also accompanied by sores. My mouth healed on its own. I was using moisturizing swabs I was given in the hospital and yeap, I rinsed my mouth out with salt water. I was told this was caused by my medications. I had recently come off morphine--I'd been hospitalized because I couldn't walk. I've had dry mouth for several years--I don't drink soda, drink cool water, brush my teeth twice a day, and use Biotene. It does work. Sucking on candy made my mouth raw. I've read there is no cure for this, and I am not saying you have it, but like MS, it is treatable.
              Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

Copaxone?

When I first went on Copaxone, my dentist checked his medical resources for oral issues related to its use. He told me a rare reaction is mouth sores. If you're on Copaxone, this could be something to see your dentist about.

Comment

Working...
                X