scared to go to sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared to go to sleep

being diagnosed with ms for about dove years now, the schubs seemed to be replaced by gradual worsening, à wolf in sheepsclothes if you ask me. anyway...

This morning i woke up without being able to feel my left knee, it made walking even more difficult than usual.
    Then, this evening, i fell asleep on the couch, and woke up not being able to feel the front half of my tongue.
    Anyway, that was 5 hours ago, and apart from the tongue, i now cant feel my lower lip and chin either.
    It's almost 3 am over here now, but i'm afraid to go to sleep.
    Silly, i know.

Anyway, thanks for listening. ;-)

I'm so sorry. What an awful feeling to be scared of sleeping!

This may be a shot in the dark but do you get hot when you sleep? I have found that if I snuggle up warm like I am inclined to do I will wake up with some part that is numb (from heat sensitivity) but it does pass within about 24 hours.

I hope you get comfortable again and are able to sleep

Comment

Hi Tomorrow!

that was my first major sx too...half my body was numb including half my face, my tongue...it was soooo weird!
      To complicate things I was 7 months pregnant, I also experienced double vision...It was the strangest feeling ever!
      so don't be afraid to sleep...just remember it's only a 'feeling'.. It will go away and that part will be 'normal' again.

Take care Tomorrow, it will go away....
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
      X