leg pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leg pain

Hi I am new to MS was diagnosed in summer 2012 , I have allot of thigh pain at night . How do you manage this to get some sleep ? I wake 2 to 3 times a night and have to do streching . Currently working full time and on my feet all day on concrete, am exhausted when I come home ! I'm 56 years do I need some drugs?:

Even tho I can sleep any time the suns up I have a hard time at night. It's normally because of my legs, I almost always take something. Most nights tylenol pm will be enough for me though

Comment

I finally had enough of the sleepless nights because of leg pain and started taking gabapentin which I find to be effective. I also find that my amantadine loosens me up a bit.

I tried to stay away from the symptom management meds for a while, then realized that I deserve to be comfortable and there are a lot of helpful meds out there that don't necessarily have to whack you out.

Comment

I actually roll on a ball to loosen the muscles. I hurts, but it is a good pain because it breaks up the muscles.

Comment

Hi limppy,

There are medications that can be helpful for different type of MS pain. Please speak to your neuro about the options available.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

got some

Went to my nuero ,and he gave me some muscle relaxers got a good nights sleep Thanks

Comment

That'll do it. Glad you found some relief

Comment

This is my strongest issue right now .... leg pain and weakeness in both of my thighs. It seems to pick one leg or the other to be "worse" for a day then goes to the other leg. Guess I am thankful it isn't bad in both at the same time! Today I was standing for a while, taking pictures for my friend and suddenly I got a couple of really sharp pains in my right thigh. So much that I "hollered" out loud! Uugh. Well, another symptom that fits what others seem to experience as well.
                MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Working...
                X