VEP result, help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VEP result, help!!

While I waiting for next step.. would someone please help me explain this?

I've got Optic Neuritis, diagnosis.

Pathological left: 125
    Right 106.
    (That is the opposite of the symptoms)

What means the opposite of the symptoms? Do doctor use left and right mirrored? Like I say left would he think right?

Please help :/

Originally posted by rinarina View Post
    While I waiting for next step.. would someone please help me explain this?

I've got Optic Neuritis, diagnosis.

Pathological left: 125
    Right 106.
    (That is the opposite of the symptoms)

What means the opposite of the symptoms? Do doctor use left and right mirrored? Like I say left would he think right?

Please help :/
    Your pathological left is not where your ON is? You have had ON there at some point per this study. It is prolonged per the 115 cut off. The right is normal. That doesn't mean you didn't have ON there, it could have healed, most do and the EVP goes back to normal in some cases after a period of time.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
      Your pathological left is not where your ON is? You have had ON there at some point per this study. It is prolonged per the 115 cut off. The right is normal. That doesn't mean you didn't have ON there, it could have healed, most do and the EVP goes back to normal in some cases after a period of time.

Take care
      Lisa
      Thanks, but I really have issue with understanding and writing.. I don't understand... Like today it feel worse.. today sudden my RIGHT eye start to play with me.. blurry and little painful to move. Is this normal? I am tired of limboland.. and confused.. would someone be so kind and explain to me simply? xoo

Comment

All that the evoked potentials say is that right now you have no evidence of optic neuritis in your right eye. You may be getting optic neuritis in your right eye, but you have definitely had it in your left eye. So you have a case of ON in you left eye at some point in the past.

Go see an eye doctor about your symptoms now. You may be getting a new case of ON in the right eye now.

Otherwise it may just be dry eye.

Only an eye doctor can tell you.

Take care
        lisa
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X