Internal crawling sensations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal crawling sensations?

This is my second time around with this one, and it is the most bizarre feeling ever. It's in my throat, tongue/mouth and upper chest. I can only describe it as a crawling, buzzing, or sometimes prickling and cold sensation - like I'm full of soda pop. It's deep inside, and kind of feels like my throat is closing up or tight or something. Then my forehead and eyes start feeling hot and feverish and head full of pressure. Craziness.

This one I recognize, and had it almost exactly 18 months ago. It took a long time to go away, shrinking in size and intensity until it finally disappeared, and now it's back.

Anyone else get strange crawling feelings inside? I've only heard others mention having them on the outside.
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

I sometimes get a feeling like that in my shoulders and arms.

I find it especially disturbing, as all my other paresthesias are definitely only "skin-level."
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I have it in my legs and one side of my tongue. It is a hard feeling to describe..."crawling" makes for a pretty good description.

The leg sensation comes and goes (and I can't figure out what triggers it)...I used to think it was positional, but it's not. I can have it sitting, or while reclined, or in the bed at night. I used to think it was spasticity related, but it's not that either because I have a baclofen pump and my spasticity is controlled. So I guess it's just a sensory symptom of some sort.

Due to a certain lesion, my tongue sensation stays, sort of tingly, crawling, and burning..but only one side. I have found a low dose of klonopin can help with the tongue sensation.

Crazy disease, weird symptoms...I guess it's just part of the package. My tongue is just bizarre, I can't stick it out, and it likes one side of my mouth more than the other because it deviates that way and when they say, "Say Ahhh and stick out your tongue", my "rebellious" tongue retreats to one side in the back of my throat.) For most people on the board they find the mouth and tongue issues are temporary, so hopefully yours will subside quickly.

I also use what my neuro calls a sensory "trick" with the feelings in my tongue, and it does take my mind off of it. Try putting a something in your mouth, a toothpick, or a piece of candy, and see if that lessens the sensation.

Hope it resolves quickly.

Comment

Its a twisted relief to read this post. Whatever set into me this July came complete with the numb and tingly on the right side of my face.

Slowly since the beginning of October, the right side numbs have moved to the left and then back and slowly, seemed to shrink and localize in the chin, lips and tongue. On hard days or when I'm upset, it all spreads into my neck and throat. Sometimes, even across my chest and into my arms. (well, my arms are "asleep" most of the time, but intensifies if these sensations go into my neck and chest)

I can't say "crawly" but dang close. The burning, the pins, the numb, especially the tip and right side of my tongue - has kinda become a little "endearing" for me - it's my "gauge". I'm stressed, I'm excited and the tongue and lips get hotter and prickly.

I notice too that my tongue is almost flaccid most of the time. It just kinda lays there, I feel it resting in a way that isn't "normal" and it seems to want to protrude out, to the point that I feel the tip pushing against my teeth and even slipping between the space of my overbite between the upper and lower front teeth.

I think too that maybe this "sleepy" tongue may be part of the word slurring I experience.
        “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”
        ~ Mark Twain . . .Or a typo on the Internet. Srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by MizMeesha View Post

I think too that maybe this "sleepy" tongue may be part of the word slurring I experience.
          I slur too, and they say it's because of the tongue problems

Comment

There was definitely a bit of tripping over the tongue thing going on, but I don't speak much and it was short lived. At least I know I'm not the only one with this oddball group of symptoms. It's enough to make you think you're crazy. Not only is it hard to describe, I think anyone listening to the description would think you're nutz. lol

Before this flareup, the voice and tongue tremors started up again, and then sometimes my voice goes out or gets hoarse with it. I'm wondering if they're all related, or coming from the same area. If so, this flareup started two months ago.
            It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Lusciousleaves - I experience similar sensations at times. I'll feel like an electrical vibration in the back of my throat. Doesn't last long but I definitely notice it.

In early 2011 I had an electrical sensation in my upper chest - left breast. I kept having this light, shooting electrical feeling and I could "hear" it.

Went to doc because I thought perhaps it was breast cancer related. (high risk family history) Ultrasound, etc done and nothing was found. I was told to take more vitamin E.

I know now it was one of the first noticeable symptoms.

Bree

Comment

Working...
              X