Complaining with Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaining with Pain

Hey guys. I feel so GUILTY for posting anything because so many of you are in much worse shape than I am.

I need some advice.

The pain in my body is crumbling. My right leg feels like it has a Charlie Horse all the time. This pain has migrated to my hip and lower back. My left leg has been numb is 08.

My doctors have me on fentanyl, dilaudid, percocet, and xanax for pain not to mention other meds like metformin, baclofen, and prevacid. All the aforementioned pain killers do not help my level of pain.

I cannot take the neuro drugs like neurotin, lyric, elavil, cymbalta, nortriptyln, dylantin... others like ibuprofen and topamax no longer work since I've been on them for so long.

I'm 41, been diagnosed since 06--taken Betaseron, novantrone, Tysabri, and Rituxan--can't seem to feel WOW from any of them. My neuro is looking at BG-12 for the spring.

Sweet friends--my question for you is what works for your pain? My PCP is running out of ideas. I appreciate you all so much.
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

I'm sorry for your pain! I hope someone has some suggestions!

The only thing I could of think of is maybe accupunture or pressure.

Sara

Comment

I'm sorry your having pain.

Whatever you do for it, this is something you should try:

Get it from your local library and give a listen. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It's what doctors tell patients who's pain they can't help anymore.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details*

**Try describing or naming the CD or object instead**

Comment

Sorry about your pain, seems like they've tried most things.

Do you see a pain management doc? I've heard that they are experts at dealing with pain.

The only thing I could suggest is to try a Baclofen Pump test and see if that does anything for your pain (since you describe it as Charlie Horses) I'd assume there's a spasm/spasticity element to it. Do you have problems with stiffness or range of motion?

Many of us who have the pump have found great relief from leg pain. Just the other day I started dealing with stiff painful legs, and since the weather has turned cooler, my spasticity was acting up, and once I had my pump turned up, that nagging leg pain lessened significantly.

What the pump does not do for me is deal with burning feeling I have in my feet, but it does deal with the stiffness, and pain I had in my legs, and hips prior the pump.

Hopefully you'll find something that helps.

Comment

yes see a pain doc

I love the pain doctor - he is careful, listens, and is with me 100%.

I have combined issues of nerve damage from a spinal fracture and MS. I'm on very low dose narcotic pain relievers and ibuprofen. It took a while to find the right mix. I hate being on narcotics but I'm down to a very low dose after being on high doses after surgery last year.

I never would have considered narcotic meds without the careful support of the pain doc.

I'm not saying that's what you need, but a pain doctor is definitely the person most qualified to help determine the source of pain and a realistic plan designed for you.

Also I am doing PT in the pool which drops my pain by half every time I go in. Not that it lasts forever but I am able to build strength and reduce pain in the pool.

Don't give up on finding a good system of relief.

Comment

Pain

Hi, you certainly have nothing to feel guilty for. You sound like you are in really bad pain. I did not see any of the benzos on your list. I also cannot take many of the normal drugs for that type of pain which I have in my neck, back,legs, shoulders and feet. Diazapam, Valium has been the only one that has helped. I am weaning off of percoset right now because it helped some but I just needed so much and then I would be wiped out. There is a dependence issue with Valium but it has helped. Not all the pain is gone but definetely better than without it. I take 3, 5mg pills a day and I take .5 at a time pretty much all day. I have been doing this for about 4 years. I really hope you find some relief soon!
            PEACE
            Tortis

Comment

ty

Thank you all for your information. I go back to see my PCP tomorrow; hopefully, with you all helping and her knowledge. We can get somewhere. Love & Prayers to you all.
              Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

I agree with the prvious posters about a pain managment dr, I couldn't find anything to help me until I saw one. He has me down to 2 meds for pain and they reallly control it. When they ask whats your pain on a 1-10 level I nver believed I would say anything below a 6-7 until after visiting him now it's down to a 3 on most day which is a huge differance.

Comment

Working...
                X