Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coping with MS....does it differ for you from day to day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping with MS....does it differ for you from day to day?

It seems that I go from dealing quite well with my disease to thinking crazy thoughts...all within a matter of days. (heck, what am I thinking??) I work hard every day to try to realistically deal with the roller coaster of MS and wonder if it will always be this way.

I guess tonight I am wishing to not have MS, not have the crazy neuro symptoms and just be more carefree with my approach to life. I wish I was the kind of person that truly just lied in the moment and put the rest up to God. Somedays I do....but other days...not so much. :-(

How do you cope??

Good evening. I go from Pollyanna to shoot me now. If it's any help, the ups and downs have evened out a bit.
    When I feel okay, I go for as much denial as I can muster.
    When I feel awful, I go for drugs.

Comment

Does it differ on a daily basis? oh hell yes! Sometimes it changes during the same day. I just make up my mind to take the good with the bad. Be grateful for the good. Be prayerful on the bad. In all cases, do what you feel is the best for yourself.
      [I]Tellnhelen
      Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Everyday is different for me
        I never know what my additude will be when I wake up or how many times it will change during the day either..... I'm learning this is my normal, tho I'm not sure what anyone else's normal might be

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
          I go from Pollyanna to shoot me now. If it's any help, the ups and downs have evened out a bit.
          When I feel okay, I go for as much denial as I can muster.
          When I feel awful, I go for drugs.
          Great answer and so true. I pretty much deal with the same symptoms everyday, but the intensity of those symptoms change.

I learned a long time ago, my mind follows my body, so if I'm having a reasonably mild day (with my everyday symptoms), my mood lightens. Miserable day with symptoms, and I'm popping pills to get relief ("better living through pharmaceuticals" is my motto on those days), and if they don't work...I guess I join the "shoot me now" club.

And just about the time I've figured out how to deal with all that's going on, if a new symptom crops up, I fall apart (start the grief/loss cycle all over again.) When I get some relief from that symptom, or figure out a way to control it, or accept that I'll have to live with it, my roller coaster levels out a bit.

After years, I still haven't figured out how to keep up with everything that's going on in my body...too much affecting too many parts for my mind to deal with...too many different sensory issues in multiple areas... I'm not much for symptom journals, or tracking symptoms. All I know is there's not many "parts" of me that haven't been affected by the MS, and so much of me that doesn't "work quite right" I do play the denial game, because enumerating it is sort of scary, and depressing.

But I just want you to know, I look so good, and according to my FB friends, my latest photo on FB convinced them all that I'm aging well...actually, I don't mind that I still "look good" on the outside (God knows I'd hate to look how I feel .)

Comment

Recently diagnosed here, but in my short time dealing with MS, everyday is it's own beast. As others have suggested, it's generally the same symptoms but with varying intensity of them. Also the medication (copaxone) has an effect as some of the injection locations don't agree with me well, leaving localized pain for a couple days. Stress and non-MS related illness also intensify my MS symptoms.

I recently listened to the U2 song 'Some days are better than others' and it was a perfect description of how i've felt this year in a very literal sense.

Comment

Working...
            X