Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on hiring a cleaning service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice on hiring a cleaning service?

The final stage of acceptance...

It's time to get help with cleaning the house. Any advice?

check with MS Society ...ask about respite chore services
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

And get referrals from people you know and trust. Also, we spend a lot of time "picking up for our cleaning lady"....ha! Crazy, but if we don't I can't find where she tucks things away to. I should probably visit with her and tell her just to put "stuff" in one place. However, it has been wonderful for me....even before I knew that my health issues were due to MS.

Comment

I always hated cleaning anyway, so I had house cleaners & window cleaners before I had MS. No problem getting them to come more often. I cheated.

Comment

It has always been important to me that I really trust anyone coming into my home. I spent a little time being there when they came (I decided to go with 2 local sisters instead of a service) and now we are in the habit of leaving notes back forth.

And of course I checked references and made sure they were bonded.
          M.
          A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
          Albert Einstein

Comment

We've had the same team of sisters and their daughters cleaning for us for a year and a half, and are very happy with them. They were referred by someone my hubby works with, and they only take on new people thru referrals. Their service has been personable, and they remember certain requests for things every time they come. I would definitely go that route again if we would have to find new house cleaners for some reason.

My advice would be to ask friends, co-workers, etc., for referrals, or search online for reviews thru Angie's List and other sources.

Comment

It's ironic, HATE cleaning the house but when MS prevents it, I want to do it out of spite!

Check with your local MS Society chapter. Ours has a Student Enrichment Program that provides volunteers for anything like housework, yard work and (AAAHHHH!!) snow shoveling.

We have 4 of our 6 kids on the "mooch-a-meal" program (still living at home) so I've never used the MS Society for this but it's free for members.

Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
              X