HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP PLEASE

HI EVERYONE.....I NEED SOME THING THAT GIVES ME SOME PONT TO GET UP EVERY DAY. SOMETHING THAT WILL ME GET UP EVERYDAY? PLEASE I JUST NEED SOME POSTIVE FEEDBACK

I think many of us go through times of sadness and worry about the battle we have before us.

Maybe talking with your family, friends or your doctor would help. Or perhaps a conversation with God. I know He always help me through the rough times.

I hope you get to feeling better, and I'll be praying for you.
    Echo
    DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Don't give up hope.

I don't know if you are male or female, and it doesn't matter... But, please hold on to hope. No matter what. I know that sounds cliche and may sound ridiculous, but You have to, You have a daughter that needs you and a family that ( from what I read ) loves and cares for you too.
      Life is so difficult and it never ends up being quite the way we want it to. You can gain much support from the people in this community, who are in the same or similar situations as you are. The outpouring of empathy and love you receive from the people on this site, even is amazing. Even though you don't know me... there are people that genuinely care out there and Do not want you to lose faith.

Comment

Many of us go thru this, Im still sorta in the phase of having no reason to go on. My kids are the only reason I do go on and I only get up and do things right before they get home and I know they are gonna want something......... I'm telling myself right now to get my butt off the comp and do laundry and clean and bake long before they get here cause they deserve more but it is hard.

I'm thinking of going back on a anti depressant but am so sick of taking a bunch of pills.

Comment

Hi

I do not know exactly how MS is effecting you. I have had MS for many years and I have gotten to the point where nothing much surprises me. I think I have had most things folks speak of having. I just think of how much better off I am then many other folks out there are. It makes things lots easier for me.

Lois

Comment

Hi there,

I hope you are feeling better because your message sounds concerning. Please talk to family, friends and your doctor about needing something to inspire you. The crippling fatigue associated with this disease contributes to the difficulty in just getting out of bed. We all feel hopeless at times and wish we didn't, especially since this is a progressive disease and we just don't know what lies ahead.

Thank you for sharing your needs and we want to honor your trust in this site and your fellow MSers. We understand the difficulties you face.

There are new drugs in the pipeline and new treatments on the horizon and in clinical trials. I was given infusions of IVIG and have improved tremendously, and want to believe that you will find something helpful sooner than later.

Comment

When I first became unemployed due to disability (about 4 1/2 years ago), although I didn't really go into a depression, I did go through some self-esteem issues. Our society places a high value on our careers and what we "do" for a living.

I was fairly quick to begin to search out, and find, volunteer activities in the community. Those activities have always contributed to my need to feel that I continue to be a productive person in my community and at my church.

I currently volunteer an hour or two most days of the week. One day, I am even significantly more busy, but, due to both my fatigue and stamina issues, and to the stress that being overly-busy creates, I'm only able to have a fuller day once a week.

Although I've been doing that for the entire time of my "disability", it still took an adjustment time of approximately 3 years for me to be able to respond confidently that "I volunteer various places in the community" when asked what I do. In the past, I had responded that "I'm just a volunteer".

I have come to feel good about what I do, and OK that, instead of contributing earned income to our household, I am contributing a similar amount of disability income, as compared to what I'd been earning part-time at the time that I left my job.

If you need a reason to get up in the morning, think about what you can do for others.

Also, consider taking care of yourself by committing yourself to regular exercise, such as walking, taking a class (yoga, Zumba, water aerotics, whatever you are physically able to do, and, whatever you are interested in). The exercise will be good for your physical health in general, good for your MS specifically, and good for combating or preventing depression/mental health issues.

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

You're a long time dead. Honestly, what keeps me going is the next episode of Justified, the Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Happily, the next series of the latter doesn't start until August next year.

Comment

Ah, the beauty of TV

Thinkimjob - you're right, sometimes you just need a distraction. A reminder that life is going on around you, and even if you have to live it vicariously through Walter on Breaking Bad, do it. You'll feel like him, if even for a few minutes.

A couple other TV suggestions, since we're on the topic:

Modern Family
                  Raising Hope
                  United States of Tara

They're all pretty hilarious and will remind you that no one's perfect - we all have our problems, unfortunately some much worse than others.

Keep your chin up.

Comment

Working...
                  X