Radiologist Impression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiologist Impression

Just received the report on the 2nd MRI of my brain and it says there's been no change in the demyelination and ovoid plaques in left/right frontal lobes but to correlate for possible MS.

Has anyone else had this type of impression report from the radiologist and went on to get a definate MS dx? Or has anyone had this report and went on to no MS? From what I've read, a radiologist is trained for this type of reading, even better than a neuro...is this true?

The radiologist is giving your neurologist some play here in suggesting that it looks like MS, but to correlate clinically, meaning if you have the symptoms and time and space to back it up then he/she could move closer to the McDonald criteria for diagnosis.

That is how I read it.

Read the McDonald criteria. Your ovoid plaques qualify per what the MRI says, but you need supporting evidence clinically.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

confused

What kind of supporting evidence clinically...symptoms? More tests?
      The reason I ask is because I've went to 2 neuros this year and neither want to even discuss the MRI findings for possibe MS. I've got almost every symptom of MS but last neuro did spinal tap and it was neg and most recent neuro did tspine mri and VER and BAER tests and were all neg he said. So what else is it going to take....

Comment

Working...
      X