WOW ! What a bunch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW ! What a bunch.

Dear God spare me. Some people will try to dissect the period at the end of a sentence.

Some people do not have a clue as to what it takes to make EVERYBODY happy. If YOU don't have a clue I am sure it will be pointed out to you when you cross it. Did you miss the part that said ...if you do not comply and repeatedly continue to do what they have asked you not to do... then I say go somewhere else.

There are a lot of us who need this and appreciate what is done here. Give these people a break. If you think you can do better write your version and submit it. I am sure they will consider it. But if you do and they post it you better be prepared for other people to question your motives and pick it apart.

A lot of time was given for input. Where were you? There have to be some guidelines to make it acceptable to all.
    I am very sure you know what "ambiguous" means or you wouldn't be asking for a way around it or abuse it.

Read the guidelines and/or move on.

I am not part of the administration. Just tired of the people like you that pick anything apart to get attention.

Dave
    "Journeyman"

My original post

Was to just point out that the new guide lines were hard to read. I did though because I like coming here. I had no other complaint about them.
    The mods thoughtfully posted an easier to read form too.
    Thanks mods.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Yes and no. We should never be rude or ninnies. No complaining without considering that it's people on the other end - so I agree in that sense and we're all thankful to the volunteers who facilitate this website.

At the same time, we're adults and don't like being treated as children and that sometimes happens - probably some of us act that way, but not all.

I don't actually remember any discussion of the new policies before we received them. Apart from no hidden profanity, I don't really know what's new.

So Journeyman - I agree we should be nice and thankful, but it's also part of any undertaking of this nature that involves people.

Comment

Gee, thanks for the lecture.

I think most of the posts about the unreadable terms were done in jest, and the mods knew that.
        Everyone here appreciates the work they do.

Comment

Hey Dave,

By the time I read the guidelines, they had evidently been adjusted...but I don't remember having to hit agree to get access to the website.

But I read them anyway since they were being discussed, and what I thought the change entailed was adding the PCI Confidentiality paragraph (and I may be wrong on this...because I can't remember reading the guidelines before.)

Since I work for an online retailer, I know that we had to recently add the exact same statement that is in the guidelines to all our emails, website, and communication to be PCI compliant (that means if you take money over your website you have to follow the PCI ...Payment Card Industry rules, and one is to inform the users of this. This website does take donations, so that's what I'm thinking was changed.) As I said, my employer added this same verbage to all our communications (emails) and website.

I may be wrong but it just seemed pretty coincidental that we had to update our communications and MSWorld also had a redo of the Guidelines that included this paragraph which is identical to my employer's addition:

CONFIDENTIALTY NOTE: The transmission contains information which may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this transmission in error, please delete this and be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission is prohibited.

Comment

I must be feeling pretty good today, because I thought all the comments were light-hearted, and just another way to get a smile for the day.
            Echo
            DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Hey Dave and BigA,
              I just assumed that the 'new' guidelines were aimed at me. Like I don't know that I am an argumentative and opinionated pain in the butt.
              I have much admiration for the mods and administrators, because of my past experiences. I hope that this site continues to be a resource with all facets of ideas for those of us MSer's.

Comment

At least people want and like this forum.

Just the comments tell me that this is a valued site. I would have probably committed suicide if it had not been for this place.

As an RN. "I am over-read and over-knowledged." Us medical people have a tendency to be a bunch of hypochondriacs. We always think the worst when it comes to us.

If it had not been for this forum, Area Lounge 51, Gomer and others my knowledge might have just done me in. This - for me is a life saving place and I so appreciate all the people in it and the work that goes into it to keep it running.

I too have a...hmmm...can't use that word... undesirable and troublesome person. But in writing the admin. I found them pleasant and them willing to work with me. I just had to communicate my thoughts and problems with them.

So I guess communication is the key word here. Thanks to all who responded in light of my, (as my son calls me and it - "a rant.")
                Dave
                "Journeyman" Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                  Hey Dave and BigA,
                  I just assumed that the 'new' guidelines were aimed at me. Like I don't know that I am an argumentative and opinionated pain in the butt.
                  I have much admiration for the mods and administrators, because of my past experiences. I hope that this site continues to be a resource with all facets of ideas for those of us MSer's.
                  He he. So what did you say? We're all checking our memories for any sexy humor we may have inserted into our posts. I suspect that there's nothing really going on - I'd love to know the story behind the hidden obscenity rule. It just smacks so of.. what is it? Censorship? Prudishness? Patronizing?

Just as long as we can post humor, even some sexual humor if done correctly. Someone said this is Rated G, but that's really for kids. We talk about smoking and mature topics here, so I propose PG instead.

Comment

Okay I'm going to chime in here, like I have on other posts made about the new guidelines.

Where to start...
                    Thank you for your kind words, MSWorld means so much to me and all of the other volunteers as well as the all of you.

For the new guidelines, this wasn't "directed" at anyone. You also have to remember that we also have chat and the commenting system within the website, so it is aimed at all parts of MSWorld.

As for the confidentiality note, that was just something we decided to put in our e-mails & guidelines, so that everyone knows that staff/member communications are not to be discussed.

As for PG... like i've said in the other threads... MS for one doesn't have an age limit. I know that there are things said that wouldn't considered "G rated" but it's all about where it's coming from and what the subject matter is and the intent of the persons words.

While we all hear profanity, some don't like it... and I'm not just talking about the younger age group on here. It's just being respectful to all. While we can't address everything, we do try our hardest to be accommodating to everyone at MSWorld.

It's good to know that their is realization that "we are people too". Because we all know what it is like to live with MS, and that's what brought us to MSWorld in the first place. Even though we are volunteers, we started off as members and we still need that support too.

Well, of course, I'm stubborn and don't like to admit when I'm having issues. I'de rather help others than have others help me... if that makes sense.

I hope all of you enjoy MSWorld. We're always here to help you when you need it.

xoxo
                    Ashley Ringstaff
                    Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Working...
                    X