Hair Loss???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair Loss???

I have been suffering from severe hair loss over the past 5 months. It started coming out but not nearly as bad just a few months after starting Rebif. I was on Rebif for 9 months and then had to be taken off because of problems with my WBC(white blood cell count). I was on nothing for 3 months waiting for my blood counts to return to normal. I was then started on Copaxone and have been on that for 2 months now.

I am so scared that if this continues I am not going to have any hair at all in less than 3 months. I have seen a Dermatologist about the problem and he said that it was because of the stress that my body had been under over the past several years of poor health. I have been sick for 8 years now with problems with DVT's(deep vein thrombosis) or blood clots.

I have had 24 surgeries in that time frame for thrombectomys and thrombolysis. Through all my surgeries and problems with my health Ihave never had any problems at all with hair loss until starting MS medications. I am convinced it is in fact MS drugs and has little to due with my health or stress even though Im sure that is not helping anything. I have been taking a daily multi vitamin and last month asked my Primary care physician for a prenatal vitamin. I am freaking out. Has anyone else had this happen and if so please HELP!!!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Sorry to hear about your hair loss, it's distressing when it happens.

I was on Betaseron for years and my hair would thin out when I was on it. During the times when I was off it, my hair would grow back. My hairdresser would always notice the difference.

I will say that my hair loss wasn't progressive though, it seemed to reach a point and then stabilize.

Comment

It can be a side-effect of Interferon. Scroll down to "Side effects of Interferon"

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...s/Interferons/

Comment

Oh My God.

So Many Surgeries. Please take care of your hair loss.

Regards To all

Comment

mjfraser, it sounds like you have been through more than your fare share of medical problems and surgery. I hope your health in general is improving.

I am in so not liking my own hair loss too. Mine comes out in thick streams of multiple stands of hair. The hair brush & sink that I brush over are full of hair after brushing, the drain after washing it is also, and my bed and clothes. My clothes covered in hair drives me a bit crazy.

My texture of my hair has also changed for the worse with the hair loss.

I have/had very thick hair. Now I have six strands and many new stands of growth on my skalp. Thank my lucky stars that it's growing back at least.

I had hair loss one other time when I took Neurontin. I stayed on it for less than a year and had an alergic reaction. My hair dresser also commented about the new hair growth when she 'did' my hair.

Don't give up, there's still hope that your hair loss will stop and your hair will grow back. It is noticable when it starts to grow again.

Not my best look, 'puffy' scalp hair with six strands at the ends, yuck!

Comment

Working...
          X