WHY MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY MS?

HI.....I DON'T UNDERSTAND MY MS....I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE MS BUT I NEED TO LEARN MORE FOR MY MS....DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD BOOK THAT I CAN READ....ANY SUGGESTION?

Hi diguilio, "MS For Dummies" is a practical, no nonsense guide that I found really helpful. It's written in language that's easy to understand.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I recommend this book. See if you can get it at your local library.

http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Mul...oming+multiple

It helped me when I was first diagnosed. I also recommend Lance Armstrong's book. It's still good to read how someone got through a difficult time with disease.

Comment

The Multiple Sclerosis Manifesto

The Multiple Sclerosis Manifesto: Action To Take, Principles to Live By by Julie Stachowiak

I really liked this book. The author is a PhD writer with MS. She has an incredible sense of humor and let me feel like I do have this (stupid) disease, BUT I can be in charge. I can make my decisions. She is also the author that writes a column for about.com about MS.
        You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

MS for Dummies is a really good book. Laid out really well & literally covers everything from the medical to emotional & how to tell family, etc.
          Diagnosed: May 2012
          Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
          Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

MS for Dummies really helped me get the information I needed when I was first diagnosed.
            Diagnosis: May, 2008
            Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Working...
            X