ANOTHER QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER QUESTION

HI.....I GET REALLY BAD LEG SPASM'S IS THIS NORMAL AND IF SO WHAT MEDICATION SHOULD I BE TAKING?

Hi diguilio, it's not uncommon for ppl w/MS to have MS spasms in their legs.

I don't use treatment for mine because the limited relief from the meds vs. the increased fatigue I experience from the meds is not worth it to ME.

If my spasms worsen or my fatigue improves I might reconsider treatment.

I've tried oral Baclofen/sp? and a muscle relaxer, Flexeril/sp?.

Curious if you found a wheelchair compatible MS exercise routine? If so I hope you've had good results. I've found that sometimes exercise improves spasms, other times not so much.

Best of luck with exercise and the meds.

Comment

I agree with MSW: Stretching exercises done by your physical therapist will help greatly. If you don't have one, look up how to do them. Baclofen is the most helpful medication in MS. It is a skeletal muscle relaxer.

I take 80 mg per day for my spasticity. Another good way to stretch out your legs is in the pool. If you can join a local YMCA or something, swimming or kicking in the water elongates your muscles and makes them less spastic. This will help with the cramps.

Talk with your neurologist about your increased pain. They can help you.

Feel better!
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X