Aunt with MS just passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunt with MS just passed away

My Aunt with MS passed away this morning. She is the one who has always been my support through all of this and kind of took me under her wing. I feel so guilty because I have been hurting so badly lately and she called me Friday night and I never called her back. She wasn't even that old...in her 60's. It really scares me also even though I know not everyone's MS is the same, because she has always said mine has progressed faster than hers ever did. I am overwhelmed with emotions and so incredibly sad right now.
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

I'm sorry for your loss.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Aunt

Hi, So sorry to hear about your Aunt but do not go by her M.S. severity. Everyone is different and hopefully we will have a cure or effective treatment very soon for this friggin disease, We can not give up or then the MonSter will have won without a fight. It sounds like she fought the whole fight. Remember the good times. She took you under her wing and now she flying in to the light. PEACE
      Tortis

Comment

Awww..hugs and sorry for your what feels like a loss to you now. MY belief is that her spirit is around you, loves you, encourages and supports YOU still! Believe and see what happens!! Her spirit hears any words you want her to know..just talk to her.

My guess is that she got MS awhile back, yes?

Try not to worry, as that is a wasted emotion that only uses up our much needed energy for LIVING!!

I will be thinking of you..keep us informed as to how you are doing..hang in there. May your Aunt's presence be known to you~watch for signs or to see her in your dreams~

Hugs, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

My deepest condolences on the loss of your aunt. Please dont beat yourself up with guilt for not calling her back. It sounds like you had a special bond with each other so please treasure that and the good memories that you have shared.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Sad occasion

Originally posted by Mynamegoeshere1 View Post
            My Aunt with MS passed away this morning. She is the one who has always been my support through all of this and kind of took me under her wing. I feel so guilty because I have been hurting so badly lately and she called me Friday night and I never called her back. She wasn't even that old...in her 60's. It really scares me also even though I know not everyone's MS is the same, because she has always said mine has progressed faster than hers ever did. I am overwhelmed with emotions and so incredibly sad right now.
            I agree with others here that you shouldn't beat yourself up. Sometimes when we are suffering the symptoms of our particular MS we don't have the words to talk.

I'm sure you loved your aunt and spent other times talking to her or enjoying her company.

Have a good cry. There is no shame in crying or feeling bad. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Hang in there.
            Diane
            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Thank You

Thank you guys for your words of encouragement. This came as a total shock. She had a stroke about 6 months ago, but recovered well. I am glad she is at peace now and although she was lucky and didn't suffer any pain from the MonSter, she did face a lot of other obstacles. She can now live peacefully with God and our other loved ones who passed on before us.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Really sorry. I am Catholic and I, too, feel guilty about EVERYTHING...biggest mistake. It is a waste of your time. Eventually, you will be more happy for the time you had her than the current sadness you are experiencing over losing her.

It is scary that she had M.S., but everyone with M.S. seems like the have a unique course...even in the same family. Just honor her, and keep your own course of M.S. completely out of the equation. Just remember there is no official standard of "grieving time".

Follow your heart, and don't forget that you are among the living, so take extra good care of yourself during this sad time.
                  Tawanda

Comment

Your loss must CERTAINLY be frightening. But PLEASE DON'T FEEL guilty of it. It was NOT YOUR fault AND I am sure YOU gave HER, much needed support. I had a neighbors son that recently passed away. He had M.S. and I felt such a "sorrow connection". They said he died of a brain infection and wondered if it was M.S. related. I do not know if he was on Tysabri and will not ask...they don't need another thing to feel bad about.

MJan, your response was so heartfelt, I could "feel it from here". How kind of you, sweety
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Thank You

Mjan, and really all of you guys are so very sweet and send such heartfelt messages. I just got back in town a couple of hours ago from her funeral. Thank everyone for taking time to respond to this. It really meant a lot. Time will heal and I am happy she is at peace now!

Comment

Glad you are back and let us know how you are doing.

Please let us know if you ever need any more support..know that WE care!
                        RIP Aunt...

Hugs, Jan
                        I believe in miracles~!
                        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I'm so sorry!

Sara

Comment

Myname~~ I just got back from vacation and am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you Her love, her voice and wisdom will be forever yours to keep. Stay strong while wrapped up in all the good memories!
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                            X