Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone experience swings in their body temperature. My body temperature sometimes fluctuates more than one degree within an hour.

my temp

My temp is usually 97.6 but it fluctuates often. And yes it can change from hour to hour. Nome of my doctors seem to concerned about right now.

Comment

98.6! R U Running a fever bear?

If I am running that high I have a FEVER!

I normally (excuse the oxymoronic term) run 97.6 and lower, even 96 and below. I have on occasion run so cold the nurse was shocked how COLD I was (but my is warm).

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I am the same. the "gold standard" of 98.6 is a FEVER for me.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I think it is normal for body temperature to vary by time of day, activity level and a bunch of other factors, including menstrual cycle for women. "98.6" is just an average temperature for most people.

Some years ago I had to spend 6 weeks at home on bed rest because of a complicated pregnancy, checking my temperature every 4 hours. My instructions from my doctor were to call any time my temp was 100.4 or greater, his definition of a fever. I found that my temp could be as low as 96.5 in the middle of the night, to as high as 99.9 in mid-late afternoon. I never was sick despite the temp variations, nor did I ever run any fever.

As always, everyone is different.

Comment

A normal temp for me is 97.6 but lately my skin has felt warmer than usual and when I take my temp it's anywhere from 98.6 to 99.6. I was kinda wondering why this is happening.

Comment

Everytime I go to the Dr.'s office and they check mine it is always about 98.3. I say that I am almost normal. I have to laugh about some things to keep from crying so I am proud of the fact that I have never been accused of being normal.

Comment

Working...
              X