New Symptom??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Symptom??

Recently started having this weird vibrating feeling... in the oddest of all places..between my legs. It comes and goes but is more frequent than not. It is not painful but sooo annoying.. I have been paying close attention to see if anything in particular causes it and I have found nothing... it happens all the time. Anyone know what this is and how to make it stop...I am losing my mind from it!
    Thanks!
    Possible MS 4/2010, DX 8/2012 RRMS
    Copaxone since 8/2012

Not sure if it's the same thing but I used to get vibrations down my leg. I had gone numb in my midsection and they found a lesion in my spinal cord.

Anytime I did more than just a few steps of walking, I would get pins & needles & this vibration. I would sometimes get vibrating on the bottoms of my feet.
    Diagnosed: May 2012
    Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
    Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

You said used to...

Does that mean you were able to make it go away?? HOW?
      Possible MS 4/2010, DX 8/2012 RRMS
      Copaxone since 8/2012

Comment

It is usually caused by a lit up lesion if it is of sudden onset and is constant. You need to call your neurologist to let them know. Steroids can help.

If it is intermittent, it may be just a lesion that is annoyed. Most of us get those sensations here and there depending on where our lesions are. It is worse during stress or heat.

If this is new, call your Neuro.

Feel better,
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

I didn't make it go away. I just had to let time heal where the lesion had happened. I still get bad spasms in my back but fortunately the vibrations & tingling calmed down.

I still get them occasionally on bad days.
          Diagnosed: May 2012
          Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
          Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Hi jennmarg,

Vibrations/buzzing are perfectly normal abnormal sensations when having MS

I have had vibrations/buzzing off and on for 28 years. Early on when I tried to explain it to my neuro he asked if I was to stand on an air-conditioning unit would it feel something like that, my answer was yes.

I now say it feels like a cell phone on vibrate. I usually get vibrations/buzzing from the waist down and yes, that includes the girlie parts.

In the grand scheme of MS vibrations/buzzing is an annoyance. However, if you are concerned the best place to go for advice is your neuro.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've had that too!

I have experienced that vibrating sensation, mostly in my legs, so bad I'd swear you should see them shaking, but they don't shake, it just feels like they are. It has popped up in various other places on my body, sometimes my torso, back or arms, and yes, even between my legs - it was more distracting than annoying for me.

Now, if only I could control WHERE between my legs that vibrating would happen, then hey, it could be a positive thing, if you catch my drift! lol

Its been awhile since I've had that, but I can relate, and am glad I'm not the only one, as this post is the first time I've heard anyone else have it.

I hope it ends for you soon, feel better.
              Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

Comment

Working...
              X