Troubles Flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles Flying

I recently flew from Virginia to Puerto Rico and back. It was the first time in 18 years I had flown. Last time I flew I don't remember any problems but this time I was a mess. The dizziness was nothing like I had ever felt before. For hours I felt like I was spinning in every direction. I was worrying my legs may cramp on the long flight but they were fine. My brain felt like it was going to explode!

Anyone experience this before?
    Alliecjty
    RN, Mom and MS fighter

Originally posted by alliecjty View Post
    I recently flew from Virginia to Puerto Rico and back. It was the first time in 18 years I had flown. Last time I flew I don't remember any problems but this time I was a mess. The dizziness was nothing like I had ever felt before. For hours I felt like I was spinning in every direction. I was worrying my legs may cramp on the long flight but they were fine. My brain felt like it was going to explode!

I have this, but I am dizzy every day. It is magnified 10x when on an airplane. Mine is from pontine lesions. I was advised not to fly. So now I have to drive to Florida to visit my sick father once per month. Driving (or riding in the car) is bad too, but nothing like flying.

Some airlines are not as good as others about adjusting the cabin pressure, but that is just my theory. It was horrible for me. I don't mind not flying for now, but it limits my movement, so I miss it somewhat.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by alliecjty View Post
      I have, combined with extreme motion sickness. It helps me to keep my eyes closed to avoid seeing anything moving past my eyes. That really seems to help me, although it is easier said than done.
      Holly

Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner.
      - The Replacements

Comment

Working...
      X