Symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms?

How long do your bad periods last? And do you have bursts in between? Like.. You have certain symptoms for a set amount of time and then they disappear for a day or so and come back? This is more a question for RRMS sufferers but i would be interested to hear from everyone

Your question is a complicated one to answer.

First, if you are speaking of a relapse, the definition of a relapse is that it must have been 24-48 hours going on to be considered a true relapse not a pseudo relapse. These usually last 48 hours to 3 weeks or up to a couple of months depending on if the person seeks treatment.

In between the exacerbations, the person generally does not have that severe of symptoms for at least one month. That is the definition of RRMS.

Now, people who have lesions in their brain consistent with MS and already have prior damage from other flares may experience daily symptoms (numbness, tingling) to a lesser extent than with a flare.

It is usually in the same places where they have had damage.

Also heat can bring about a pseudo flare, or short symptoms.

Otherwise a true flare is as I described above.

I hope that didn't confuse you.

This is for RRMS
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

symptons

Hi, While i am still classified RR most of my symptons stay all the time now. However, they do get a little better and a lot worse almost everyday. I still am able to walk but I need a cane mostly for balance. The one thing you will learn is that no 2 people with m.s are the same. There are many new treatments coming all the time now so keep your hope and never give up. Peace
      Tortis

Comment

Working...
      X