GOOD NEWS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOOD NEWS!!!!

THE NOBEL PRIZE WENT TO STEM CELL RESEARCHERS! LOOKS LIKE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION! (IMO)
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Good news indeed! Thanks for sharing this information.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

YAY!!!! finally...
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

And in reading about it, I think the good news is they eliminated the "debate" because they didn't use embryonic stem cells, but found a way to turn back the clock and make the mature cells act like embryonic cells.

More than 40 years later, in 2006, Yamanaka showed that a surprisingly simple recipe could turn mature cells back into primitive cells, which in turn could be prodded into different kinds of mature cells.
        Basically, the primitive cells were the equivalent of embryonic stem cells, which had been embroiled in controversy because to get human embryonic cells, human embryos had to be destroyed. Yamanaka’s method provided a way to get such primitive cells without destroying embryos.

Comment

Hooray!

That is great news!
          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
          X