Headaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headaches?

I don't have an oficial dx yet (1 spinal lesion in spring 2011, positive markers for MS in LP and bloodwork, haven't been back for a follow up MRI because it's just too expen$ive!) but over the past week I have had incredible headaches every day but one.

They are mostly behind my left eye. Now, I am "used to" regular migraines, but these headaches are different... no aura, 1-sided, no light sensitivity or nausea like my migraines, and they keep coming back!

What makes me wonder if these are MS-related is that I also have "the stupids," where I just can't remember what I was going to say or do and new tingling and muscle spasms in my lower left leg as well as a flashbulb-like "spot" constantly in my left eye. I saw an opth re the eye (before the headaches came) and she said there was very slight inflammation of the optic nerve and I should see my neuro.

Sorry for all the back story... my question is really are headaches like these an MS thing? What kind of doctor should I see about them? Thanks in advance!

Yes, headaches are a part of MS. They didn't used to think so, but now it is widely accepted.

What you are describing though sounds like ON, with an inflamed optic nerve. You do need to see your neurologist so they can give you some steroids and quite possibly diagnose you or at least treat you.

This could be considered your second attack...time and space.

You need to call you neuro this AM. If it is optic neuritis, it will cause a headache or pain behind the eye.

Sorry you have this. The good news is that the pain usually subsides, but the vision remains impaired for a little while.

See your doc., OK?

Take care
    lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X