where do you itch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you itch?

I think this is a weird symptom, but is fairly common. My question is where do you itch? Frequency?
    I'm not sure this is at all related and considering the placement I'm sure its not but I have been constantly itchy on the inside of my left ear. I'll scratch until it bleeds because I can't just ignore it. I even scratch in my dreams and wake up with it bleeding or wet.

I tend to itch all over, but my right foot is the worst. I used to scratch and dig until it was beet red/ and or bleeding. Since I've started Tegretol the itching is minor and not that often but still it happens. Good luck to you!

Comment

I don't believe my itching is as severe as yours, but inside my right ear, occasionally. Right now, my tailbone area itches a lot. I had a pilonydal (sp) cyst removed when I was a teen, that my doctor insists isn't back, but that scar or incision area is what itches. My shins were really bad a couple of years ago.
      Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

I'll get really small spots of concentrated itch on my arms from time to time. It doesn't seem to depend on temp or weather, so I'm guessing its some type of neuropathy.
        I asked my neuro about it and she suggested Tylenol PM to knock down the itch (it has benedryl in it) and help me sleep. The Tylenol was too much so I tried Benedryl gel caps (for allergies) and it works for me.

Comment

Weird!

I have the same problem, the upper part of my ear...not to the point of bleeding though. Also my nose will itch, thought it was allergies, interesting.

Comment

Shins and forearms. Legs are itchy, arms more of a psychological thing, in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by jmm9503 View Post
              I tend to itch all over, but my right foot is the worst. I used to scratch and dig until it was beet red/ and or bleeding. Since I've started Tegretol the itching is minor and not that often but still it happens. Good luck to you!
              Amazing; my right foot, particularly under the small toe is intensely itchy..often extends along toes. Horrible. Have to take amytryptilene to sleep. That really helps and neuro says it's not habit forming. Only lasts a couple hours, but thats often enough to get past the worst of it.

No rash, used every cream imaginable. Saw three docs. Neuro says it's weird but most likely MS.
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I have a lot of itching on my lower legs, upper right arm and my back. I have tried everything.

The pain management doc noticed the scratch marks on my back while examining my gait, and said that it is from nerve pathways that are damaged. Sometimes I use a Lidocaine gel (prescription) that she gave me. It works best.

There are medications such as Tegretol or anti-depressants such as Elavil. I am actually on Elavil and Lyrica for neuropathic pain and they are sedating and have not conquered the itching yet. Elavil has given me back the ability to sleep as well, getting going in the morning remains an issue.

Comment

Morning?

GaDancer

My morning is often other peoples afternoon. I hate it when the days get shorter and it's dark early. Today and yesterday I woke up (tired as always) around 6:00 a.m. and lay in bed till around 7:30. I have forced myself to stay awake, even if I loll around, or flop on the sofa.

Emptied dishwasher, did some wash, doing some organizing. Nothing impressive, just doing things. Grocery shopped yesterday; took me an hour. What a chore!!! Pick it out, check it out, put in trunk, take it out, put it away....oh yeah, and cook....holy cow :-)

Hanging in there; Diane
                  You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Where do I itch? EVERYWHERE!
                    The new one is my head though. I have been itching at the base of my scalp horribly just the last few weeks. It is driving me absolutely crazy. I swear I have drawn blood here scratching.
                    My shins are the worst for me though. I have drawn blood scratching here and that still doesn't seem to take the itch away.
                    DX 10/26/11

Comment

My left shoulder blade. To make matters worse I injured my right shoulder so it makes scratching my left shoulder really difficult and the itch can become really unbearable if it isn't scratched.

Comment

itch

My major itch spot is dead center in the middle of my upper back, you know that spot that you can not reach even if you were not as stiff as a board or no spasms. I use the corner of the wall like a bear. The more I scratch the worse it gets. This symptom has caused as much or more pain both mentally and physically as all my other symptoms.
                        Peace Tortis

Comment

My shins and back used to itch alot, I used to scratch my legs until they bled. I changed my diet and cut out gluten, red meat, chicken, and pork, haven't had any issues with itchy skin for over a year now.

Comment

Last year for about 6 weeks I itched ALL OVER. I went to my GP, it wasn't an allergic reaction. I nearly went insane with it!! I scratched myself stupid. I was covered in dark blue/purply bruises and scabs

I went back to my GP and took my top off. He said 'wow, you're not making it up' (gee thanks).

Both my GP and Nuero said it wasn't MS. I'v read to many similar stories and have never experienced anything like it in my life.

It was pure hell and I hope I never experience it again because it was really enough to send me insane

Comment

From time to time I get really bad "phantom" itching on my arms. Sometimes it actually wakes me up from sleeping. I was told to try running warm water over them and it helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X