MS Bike Ride City to Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Bike Ride City to Shore

My DH and I just came home from volunteering for the city to shore bike ride. This was my first time volunteering for MS and I have to say I was really moved by the show of support not only from the riders but also by the volunteers who were there because someone they love is affected by this horrible disease. It was a 2 day event and there were over 7000 bicyclists that raised over 4.5 MILLION dollars to hopefully find a cure. I was humbled to be there and realized that there are people out there fighting for our cause....
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

MS 150 bike ride

My husband and I ride in the MS 150 every year in New Bern NC. I did it before I was diagnosed, and I have continued whenever I felt like I could. I can no longer ride the 75 miles each day, but try to do the 30.

Thank you for volunteering! It is such a great event put on by the MS society and the volunteers. I have enjoyed it much better than the walk in my state in terms of support and turnout.

I sometimes ride a tandem, sometimes a recumbent (3 wheel bike)-looks like a giant tricycle, but it gets the job done.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

How did you participate?

Did you actually do the ride? Or help out on the sidelines? Fantastic!

Comment

Hi curly girl,

I was only able to help out. I only wish I could have done the ride but nonetheless it was still rewarding.
        Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
        RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
        Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

I LOVE Bike MS. I wasn't able to bike this year becuase of a ruptured disc but I "rode" the route in a support vehicle and cheered for the cyclists. Training for the ride takes dedication. If you're able to bike, go for it. It doesn't matter how far you ride, you're still raising money for MS.

Please remember that volunteering is a very important part of MS events - whether it be the bike ride or the walks. Volunteer and have a great time.

I always get a little emotional at the start of bike and walk. It's a truly wonderful sight to see all those people supporting those of us living with MS.

Comment

Waves to Wine

My son Jason did the Waves to Wine ride from SF to Sonoma. He does this for me and all the people afficted with MS! On Saturday he did a Century ride (his was 106 miles). I'm so impressed. All those who ride are terrific people and kudo's to the many volunteers who keep this going.
            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
            X