If I had a dollar for every time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a dollar for every time...

Ok, this is more about a funny coincidence, but the title will come into the story at a point.

We have been considering renting a house while we have our home on the market (assuming it DOES sell quickly, as the realtor says it will). I had tried calling this one particular number in front of a ranch house for rent before, but never got a return call. Since I pass by it often, I decided to give it another try.

I called the number and asked for the name given on the sign tonight. I had a chance to explain to the lady on the other end why we were looking for a house to rent. We found we had one thing in common; our faith. She even prayed for me over the phone! Gotta love that!

Anyway, before we got to the prayer, she asked me that ever familiar question I've had to answer for what seems a zillion times ("Have you considered that maybe you may have Lyme's Disease instead of MS?"). THAT'S the reason for my title: If I had a dollar for every time...a person asked me if I had checked to see if/considered finding out if I had Lyme's disease instead of MS.

Well, she was a very kind lady. I don't know if I'll hear from her again, but she knows our situation and said she'd discuss a lower rent (first one mentioned was for the gas company employees who come here; Marcellus Shale is a big deal right now and has increased rent in many instances). The lower rent she mentioned was still above what we pay for our mortgage, so that's when she mentioned discussing it with her husband.

But...I forgot to mention that we have a large dog...that may cancel the deal, anyway.

It's ok. I know God has something in mind; just not sure what or where just now. 'Course, if we knew everything ahead of time, there would never be any surprises (sometimes good; sometimes bad). Where's the fun in that?
Working...
X