Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this is just a 'bad day'

Hi all!
    Prayers are VERY welcome today. Been stressing a lot lately (concerns over whether to sell house or wait, dd's anxiety/ocd is sky-rocketing at home, can't keep up with housework, energy here and then gone, etc.). Too much on my mind and not enough getting accomplished.

Result: (at least I think that's what's going on...) I was feeling extremely fatigued before I even took my dd to school. Came straight home and had to lie down. If I hadn't set my alarm for one hour, I'd have just kept sleeping! I did stay in bed for about an hour, and finally got up and watched some DVR recorded show with my dh.

However, it was then that I noticed my mobility was going down and my nerve pain was going up. Have already figured out that I'm not going to get anything accomplished today; even emailed a friend to see if she can pick up my kids after school. Already checked with my dh to see if he can drive them to their church kids' club/youth group meetings tonight. Don't think I'll be up to driving, much less staying for the Bible study/prayer time for the adults.

So, please pray for me, if you are a praying person. I'll certainly welcome it today. TRULY hoping that I just have overdone it lately and stressed too much over things beyone my control. Time for ME to pray about those things instead of stressing!

Thanks, all!
    Sherry

Sherry,

Praying for you! You probably did overdo. Try to rest as much as you can!

Sara

Comment

Praying!

My dearest Heavenly Father, I lift up Sherry in prayer to you. Father, I ask that you would give her strength and stamina, as well as peace that is beyond understanding that can only come through your son, Jesus Christ.

Father, I can relate to much of what Sherry wrote of: overdoing it and stressing over things rather than giving them to You, as well as having to care for children. Father, I pray that you would clear Sherry's mind of her obligations and stressors for at least a short while, and wrap her in Your ever-loving arms so that she could find peace and rest for a while.

In the precious name of Your Son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I ask these things. Amen.
      ~Lisa~
      "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

Amen!

Sara

Comment

I hope you feel better soon Sherry. Praying for you to.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedWyoMom View Post
            My dearest Heavenly Father, I lift up Sherry in prayer to you. Father, I ask that you would give her strength and stamina, as well as peace that is beyond understanding that can only come through your son, Jesus Christ.

Father, I can relate to much of what Sherry wrote of: overdoing it and stressing over things rather than giving them to You, as well as having to care for children. Father, I pray that you would clear Sherry's mind of her obligations and stressors for at least a short while, and wrap her in Your ever-loving arms so that she could find peace and rest for a while.

In the precious name of Your Son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I ask these things. Amen.
            Thank you, BlessedWyoMom! I do believe He answered in the best way. I was able to rest very well for the afternoon. I ALMOST missed picking up my kids (guess my friend never got the message asking if she could pick them up for me ). However, when I pulled on my shoes and arrived late to the school, a little "angel" (that same friend's mom's son) came out and told me where my daughter was waiting (school office on the othe side of the building).

Drove around and picked her up from the front entrance and then drove to the middle school to pick up my son. I was still a bit late, but he was right there talking to another kid (and I didn't have to fight the regular traffic ). Plus, my friend was in the car pulling up right behind me! Waved at each other (funny how it happens so often that she is right behind me in the pickup line ). Still don't think she even knows that I contacted her to ask if she could pick them up for me; gonna have to come up with a better system.

So very glad that I DID get that extra rest, because my son had a difficult assignment to do (that I still don't think he has done) and wanted me to help him. I had taken a provigil after arriving back with the kids, so that also helped.

Having to do homework or prepare for teaching a class is NOTHING in comparison to trying to help your own kid to come up with an IDEA for the 3 paragraph narrative he has to write by the next day. What a HUGE blessing that my dd's homework was easily completed and that she'd already done one of the assignments at school!! So proud of her today! That was more helpful than words can express (that plus frozen fish filets and steamfresh microwavable veggies ).

Again, thanks BlessedWyoMom and others who stopped a moment to pray for me. It is DEEPLY appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X